Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. The throttle body on My 2009 Navara seems to be stuck open. It is controlled by vacuum but it does not move. I moved it manually and also by putting a vacuum hose directly to it for a little while and it responded well. I also changed all vacuum hoses recently. Could it be that the vacuum valve controlling it is not working properly? Or is it OK for it to be completely open even when idling?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou. Yes its diesel. In that case its not causing any trouble.
Its just one of the things I was thinking of as I am trying to figure out why my trucks throttle response or turbo lag is so much worse then a friends identical one. Both are manual trans. But his has full power as soon as the throttle is pressed but mine takes a while and I dont hear my turbo whistle as does his. Could it be a timing problem? or is fuel injection a more likely problem?

·
Administrator
13,430 Posts
A few things to check/do

MAF clean, air filter clean
Injector cleaner through the fuel tank
No splits or lose conditions on the intake pipework, consider fitting a hard pipe kit.
Check the variable vanes on the turbo are free to move easily.

And make sure your friend has the same power output model and it might have a throttle kit or someone has removed the cat internals.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thankyou. I'll check about the intake pipework. The rest I already done. How can I know what power output it has? And am not sure what you mean about "cat internals"??

·
Administrator
13,430 Posts
Assuming you both have double cabs, what years? It changed in 2006 and 2010.

Catalytic converter, some dig out the internals to get a better exhaust flow. Illegal in many countries, probably not where you are.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both of ours are 2009. I could check about the catalytic converter. Dont know that we have any laws on emmission here whatsoever. Also could the intercooler be clogged. It used to be quite oily.

·
Administrator
13,430 Posts
At 2009 you will both have 171bhp, so you are right they should behave in a similar way.
Worth checking the intercooler, there may be some oil in it, but probably not a lot.

You can buy aftermarket tuning chips, could your friend have one of these fitted? They do make quite a difference.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I might check it when I get around to that. He does not have a tuning chip and i think when compared to others his seems to be what it shoulld be. But i know me engine has been abused so might be some related problem even though i did a rebuild.
Mine in much slower even when simply revving it mines takes twice as long for the rpm to go up as well as down.
What tuning chip would you recommend?

·
Administrator
13,430 Posts
DTE chips seem good, often available second hand on eBay (here at least)

It would be better to try and get it running properly first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts