Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small ticking noise when idling on my Nissan Navara D40 2009.
I hear it best when I listening at front wheel and under the engine. It disappear after ca 30 min when engine is been warm.
The ticking noise become more frequent when I speed up the engine.
I can`t hear it inside the car.
What could it be? Should I be worry about it?

Video

·
Registered
619 Posts
hi,

sorry for the old thread revive, but my d40 making exact the same noise and nissan cant found what is this!! when it warms up it dissapears...its driving me crazy..anyone knows what is this?

Andman did you found the cause?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
just try running the engine with aircon off.
see if it the noise disappears

·
Registered
619 Posts
just try running the engine with aircon off.
see if it the noise disappears
the aircon is off when i hear it what do you have in mind?

ps i have changed the belts yesterday..

·
Registered
619 Posts
no one with the same problem?? wow that must be rare.......anyone that can help? could be a timing chain? or a alternator pulley?????

·
Registered
619 Posts
I did not find out what the sound was. But now I have sold the car.

whaaaaaat???? no!!!!! im out of luck!

thanks for the response mate anyway!! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi mate did you find the problem!? Or has anyone found the problem I have the exact same issue on my d40 2014 yd25

mum going to take bears off tomorrow and start car and see if noise is still there may uncle reckons alternator pulley

·
Administrator
13,627 Posts
The alternator pulleys do indeed fail, mostly limited to the pre 2010 without the automatic tensioner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I still can’t find it guys please help shed some light I’ve just changed both belts, alternator pulley idler, and tensioner pulley! Tick is still there it’s hard to make out exactly where it’s coming from.

·
Super Moderator
182 Posts
Have you run the engine with both belts removed? It's not clear from the above post. It's fine to do this for a short time (less than a minute) when the engine is cold.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Could it be the exhaust? Also there is a heat shield on the exhaust that works loose.
I’ve was recently looking for a leak I noticed my turbo inlet gasket has some oil build up so I replaced that! Still didn’t fix it. It does have exhaust covers over manifold but they ain’t loose.
I’m really struggling on this one mate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The shield that works loose is under the engine.
What shield ? I checked all manifold and exhaust covers. Tick is still there mechanic is saying it’s belt noise but what he doesn’t understand is the noise of still there once belts are off. It’s a very faint tick sound I believe it’s external as I hear it most under driver side wheeel

anyoneKNOW WHAT IT COULD BE!!?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts