Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Looking for some answears to some questions before I buy a Navara.I am looking at a 2005 Outlaw. I almost bought a Warrior until I heard about engine problems, I was advised to get a Navara, now reading through this site, engine problemss!
So could someone please tell me is the engine problem a common fault and what sort of mpg is expected, town driving and motorway runs.
Thanks Alan.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Hi Alan welcome to the forum :wink:
mine is showing 30.8 at the mo that is only town driving when i picked it up it was showing 33 from the previous owner i didn't reset it, i did just over 100 miles back home about 80 miles was motorway when i got home it was reading 36.5 hope this helps :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
d22 is not for running on motorways with more than 50-60mph. it misses 6th gear thats why it doesnt allow high speed runs in safe engine conditions. it is just a workhorse. if u intend to use it for motorways and only from time to time for little picnic adventures then d40 is for you. d22 is not a funny vehicle, it is just a rude workhorse suitable for offroad usage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'll maybe reconsider a warrior, you've just made the d22 sound a bit drastic for my camping trips.
cheers :cry:

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Me thinks Charlie may of been a tad harsh on the D22
I bought my Outlaw in January this year and absolutely love the thing
I too use it for camping/offroad trips and have been to the depth of Wales, Yorkshire and the Peak District in mine and it has never missed a beat
I accept the point about 6th gear but 60-70 is perfectly fine for me and the family think its fab too
L200, I am an associate member of the L200 Owners Club (Waits for the abuse) as a few family and freinds are there and it was a political decision to join to stop any L200 members complaining about non-members on club events offroad, however, the Nissan is brilliant offroad and the extra BHP versus the L200 is really useful.
There are a lot of comments on the L200 owners website regarding blown engine, cracked heads, overheating etc and IMHO I think you will always get a disproportional amount of focus on the bad points that owners encounter, this is usually driven by the amount of money they have had to fork out to rectify
I think you should get what you want, make sure there is a decent warranty included and enjoy the change of life that these types of vehicles bring (bit deep there, sorry)
Let me know where you are and if you are fairly close by I would be happy to meet up so you can have a look at mine that is not pristine from the showroom
Regards
Sniffer

Just thought I'd add this link as the guy is claiming that the D40 engine was fitted to the D22 from 2004
Click Here

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers, i'm glad it's not all bad and it wasn't a bit deep.A good honest response was all i wanted.If i was going on "small picnic trips" i don't think i would bother with a pick up, thanks charlie!!.I'm going to get a test drive in the one i'm looking at and take it from there.I think tamworth may be slightly to far from glasgow but the offer is much appreciated.Maybe I can get rid of my Frontera after all.Thanks alot, Alan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.