Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was under the Navara last week and although I realise it has a 12 year corrosion warranty, there is quite a lot of steelwork underneath that is the same colour as the top (ie not plastered with lots of extra anti-corrosion goo).

So, although it will invalidate the corrosion warranty, I'm seriously thinking I should put the motor over t'pit, and get after it with the Waxoyl / Bodyshutz gun... :lol:

The other advantage would of course be that any nuts / bolts / threads will be less likely to seize up during the wonderful Aberdeenshire winter... :oops:

What does everybody else think ?

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Ive never done this too any of my vehicles as i dont normally keep them longer than 3 years ( they bust after 3 years )

But its a good selling point to a potential owner if selling privatly, but if part ex at a dealer it will not make any difference on a trade in price.

I had a look under mine hte other day and its caked with Mud :(

G

·
theres loads and loads of nooks and crannys under the truck, you are have to do a pretty good job to cover everything...but remember these trucks have been made (and warranty covered) to withstand cold and hot weathers so i personnaly would leave it ...

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brian,
I've done most cars I've ever owned but a few years down the line.. after the rot has started. It just seems like a prudent precaution with the amount of salt that gets chucked on the roads up here.

I had a Rangie down by your neck of the woods for years with very little rot but 2 years up here and the rust was scarey..

Prevention is better than cure :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
After inspecting the underneath of my 3 year old 32,000 mile navara I was astounded at the amount of rust on the ladder frame and under bodywork, I am seriously considering sealing the underside of my new D40 when it arrives. The main rust area was directly below the gap between the load bay and cab. I can only use a soft Tannueeaue thinky cos of the trailer hitch in the back and I guess most of the excess water runs down the cover between the gap! Wasn’t impressed at all with the under seal Nissan has put on?

Is the body paint work on the D40 any better than that of the D22? It seems like there is only 1 coat on of top paint on the D22!

·
Registered
279 Posts
i am with brian will only have mine for three years or so. not woth it in my opinion especially if it voids the 12 year warrenty :shock:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the responses.. I've concluded that for me, it is worth doing:

• I intend to keep the wagon for a significant period and it is is good nick at the moment.
    The Nissan anti-corrosion warranty probably isn't worth protecting.
    Waxoyl in a damp, salty environment makes a big difference when trying to slow corrosion down.
    I've got all of the kit - pit, compressor, proper gun etc.
Not sure if I'll pull the door trims off etc, but for sure, the back tub is gonna get plastered underneath ! :)

Cheers,

Dunc

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi Dunc

I haven't gone down the professional route but have used Dinitrol underbody seal on the ladder sections / outriggers etc.

For everyday use over the winter I have used the Scotoiler FS 365 spray
that I use on the motorbike for nuetralising the effects of salt etc.

Seems to work fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts