Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I’m trying to fit an outside temperature sensor to my Navara and the sensible place to fit seems to be at the back of the tray that is fitted in the top of the dash. I can then take a 12v feed off the cigarette lighter socket next it it.

Ive had a play around but can’t see an easy way to take it out.
Can anyone help?
this is a photo of the top tray I’m talking about.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've just had my radio out to get at the serial number -(long story). Easy enough but later I thought I should have just popped the dash tray out and looked down. Maybe it wouldn't have been easier.
I wonder if you might be able to go the radio route and look for clips to unclip from underneath. I can give you tips for radio removal if you need.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Also, which temperature sensor have you looked at? I've just binned one from Amazon that promised a lot but delivered nothing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here it is. Cheap from Amazon. February 29th 16:08, after a rain and sleet shower. Obviously the warmest place in the UK!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've just had my radio out to get at the serial number -(long story). Easy enough but later I thought I should have just popped the dash tray out and looked down. Maybe it wouldn't have been easier.
I wonder if you might be able to go the radio route and look for clips to unclip from underneath. I can give you tips for radio removal if you need.
Thanks Archjuke, Ive brought some dashboard removal tools to try and see if it will pop out. I'll let you know if it works. I found a video on you tube for radio removal but they didn't remove the top tray or show inside where the radio sits. I'll try my luck and see how it goes!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts