Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't wait any longer. Fitted the Torqtec tuning box this afternoon. :lol:

Only been out to get some 3x2" from the local builders merchants, about 3 or 4 miles away, but the difference is remarkable.

The throttle response, torque and power is noticeably improved. There was no black smoke and the average fuel consumption seems to have risen slightly. I will need to drive it for a bit longer to determine the true outcome of fitting the unit but first impressions are fantastic :lol:

Easy peasy fit. 2 nuts to undo on plastic engine cover.
Locate a plug near the injection unit. Disconnect the two components of the plug and connect the plugs from the unit. The unit plugs are 'gendered' so it's impossible to bork it up :lol:

I ran the wiring along a section of existing loom and tucked the box down the side of the airbox.

The instructions were **** on and opening the bonnet to closing it, having connected the unit,was a 5 minute job at most.

Pulls like a train.

In the voice of Andy from Little Britain , "MONSTER TRUCKS YEAH......"

Link to site:
http://www.torqtec.co.uk

Blurb from web site:
The Torqtec unit connects between the original engine computer and the injection system of your car. The Torqtec unit analyses the signals coming from the vehicles computer, recomputes and optimises the signals before sending the modified parameters to the pump (only the volume and time of the injectors are altered, the injector & turbo pressure is never modified). Torqtec CR, VP and IP models, etc., contain a special program which can be modified and adapted to suit the model of each car and changes made by the car manufacturers

The vehicles original components remain connected, should the electronics of the Torqtec unit detect the slightest operating anomaly, the engine automatically returns to its original configuration so your vehicle is at no risk.

As far as performance and safety are concerned, the Torqtec remains one of the only units on the market that guarantees an increase in power while matching the level of quality of the standard electronic components. Only the signals of the injector pump are changed, all the others remaining unchanged from the manufacturers' standards.

Digital correction offers all the pleasure of increased power and torque at any engine speed. The Torqtec unit never delivers more than the desired amount of power so does not cause jerky acceleration. The Torqtec unit does not cause excess fuel consumption either.

All of the original engine control functions are fully maintained (ABS, on-board computer, etc.)

ALL OUR UNITS ARE FITTED EXCLUSIVELY WITH OEM COMPATIBLE CONNECTORS.

Cheers

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Sounds like a easy install there :)

So it just plug IN LINE into the existing wireing loom ?

Does it need a power supply ?

·
Registered
279 Posts
how much was it?
i reckon with this and the removal of the fan we could be pushing 225bhp :lol:
right i will have mine on the rollers before and after the fan conversion for proof. then if i decide to add one of these i will do the same!!

ahhh bring on the power :twisted:

·
Registered
78 Posts
the dragon is the same i think all these chips are prity much the same
and probably a safe bet that they just over ful and increce turbo presure
glad mine was cheap

·
Registered
222 Posts
Jayk said:
how much was it?
i reckon with this and the removal of the fan we could be pushing 225bhp :lol:
right i will have mine on the rollers before and after the fan conversion for proof. then if i decide to add one of these i will do the same!!

ahhh bring on the power :twisted:

looking forward to this mate 8) :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts