Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mate they're great for towing......I think the Nav is the best tow vehicle I have owned.........I have the V6 and it powers along nicely while towing.
You will have to do something with the rear suspension.....add a helper spring or something.....the standard suspension is pretty light.
[/url][/img]

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
I tow a 4 wheel trailer in which i deliver air conditioning units.

The auto box is fine but never gets into overdrive though.

·
Registered
221 Posts
G

·
I tow a twin axle caravan (1600kgs fully loaded) with no problems at all. Acceleration is a little slower than when not towing but apart from that it still pulls like a train. :shock:

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
can peeps reply if they have manual or Auto ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
i have a d22 rally raid and it pulls like a school boy!

dont believe me try this for size...check out the accelaration rates...lol
http://www.whattowcar.com/

hardly even know its on!

oh and its manual!
have to keep slowing down when i get slapped by the other half at 80-85 mph!

rgds
kenny

·
Registered
515 Posts
flippin eck lot of pikeys out there.just kiddin.i tow 23 foot of caravan hardly any loss of power and not much difference in fuel consumption.sometimes forget van is on the back been known to enter third lane on m5 oops.
d22 manual.
Neil

·
Registered
51 Posts
I tow a 4 wheel box trailer laden with band gear (speakers etc) with my D40 manual. Fine when it gets going, but getting started can be a bit worrying. Always feels like the clutch is going to go bang. Hill starts particularly need lots of revving and slipping.

BK

·
Registered
30 Posts
I tow a 12ft two axle trailer most days which weighs just under 2 1/2 tonnes with no problem. used to have a manual D22 but now have an auto D40 which i prefer for towing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes - I tow a Livestock trailer with about 40 sheep in the back no problems - and before anyone says- I do know the D40 is 2.7 ton -

we also tow a 24ft twin axle caravan,very stable and boy I wouldnt like to tow it with a car

its quite a handy truck for a caravan apart from the ***** jokes as last summer I had our bikes and garden furniture in the back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.