Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get my front tyres replaced and then get my tracking done or alternatively, have 4 wheel alignment done. I have read that it might be a waste of money paying the extra cost for having the 4 wheel alignment as the rear wheels on the Navara cannot be adjusted. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any responses received.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Save yourself some money and do it yourself use two string lines and four axle stands and a ruler, this will tell you if the tracking is out also it will tell you if the rear wheels are equally straight. I do this all the time with the race car especially if there has been contact, not done it on the truck yet though. Have you noticed any handling difference with the new tyres and were the old front tyres worn more on one side.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I wouldn't know where to start with your suggestion unfortunately but thanks anyway. I'd have to buy the four axle stands and quite possibly a roll of string and the ruler :unsure:

I haven't had the front tyres replaced yet. The current front tyres are worn more on one side than the other and the truck is pulling to the left.

·
Administrator
13,103 Posts
The advantage of a four wheel alignment is that the rears can be taken as a datum, so it is worth it.

·
Super Moderator
4,553 Posts
I did the diy method
I wouldn't know where to start with your suggestion unfortunately but thanks anyway. I'd have to buy the four axle stands and quite possibly a roll of string and the ruler :unsure:

I haven't had the front tyres replaced yet. The current front tyres are worn more on one side than the other and the truck is pulling to the left.
The only adjustment on a navara is tracking and camber on the front! (Rear is fixed so unless something major has happened it should stay straight)
When i replaced a ton on front end parts I did the diy method as a temporary fix (i totally forgot and temporary ended up being about 8 months)
And when i finally took it to the alignment center he didnt believe me when i said i set it up myself because it was so close to true!
These best explain it.

·
Administrator
13,103 Posts
Somebody technical did post on here about the 4 wheel alignment being a good thing on the Navara, I can't exactly remember why though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts