Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy -

This is probably going to be a really stupid question, but I feel like my Navara is struggling for traction when it shouldn't be...

For example, If I park on the grass often the rear wheels will just spin up and tear the grass up to mud and I'll have to engage 4 wheel drive to get off while some corsa next to me has no issue!

I have BF KO2 tyres all around (inflated to 36psi), the truck is nearly always unladen, or only ever carries light stuff in the back.

What's likely to be the issue:
  • the fact it's a heavy truck that's sinking into the ground
  • I don't have enough weight in the rear
  • tyres are rubbish (don't think this is it)
  • wrong tyre pressure
  • or anything else I'm missing?
99% of my driving is on the road - but I often have to park on grass at work/home due to there not being enough spaces!

Doesn't fill me with confidence heading into slightly muddy terrain as I wonder if I'll get stuck!

·
Administrator
11,702 Posts
Your AT tyres will bite into grass and rip it. The Corsa my get a bit of wheelspin, but won't bite into the grass.

On the flipside, on damp grass going uphill the Corsa won't be able to go anywhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't mind tearing up the grass if I actually moved in the process, unfortunately I just dig a hole on the spot.

So I was wondering if because it's unladen if it wasn't biting enough into the mud to get purchase?

·
Administrator
11,702 Posts
Not really. If you are off roading properly you would bring the tyre pressures down to the low 20's and use a delicate right foot.

Damp grass is odd, many a YouTube video of, for example, a 70s VW transporter sailing past a stuck Range Rover.

·
Super Moderator
4,313 Posts
Not really. If you are off roading properly you would bring the tyre pressures down to the low 20's and use a delicate right foot.

Damp grass is odd, many a YouTube video of, for example, a 70s VW transporter sailing past a stuck Range Rover.
Love that video
Perfect example of brain over brawn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts