Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do some truck drivers decide to take it upon themselves to control the flow of traffic 3 miles before roadworks start on the A1??? There's a reason the lanes filter into one where they do and it's not to save cones, they dont need to do 40 side by side to stop traffic cutting in later, no-one gave them a blue flashing light!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
YEp spot on, i see this often !!

one Trucker sits in the slow lane while the other Holds up the fast lane, thinking is so big and clover to Drive side by side with his trucker mate. holding up 100s of cars in the fast lane.
Just becuase there are some road works miles ahead !!!

Why oh why oh why ??

Dont forget to overtake using the hard shoulder ( its legal on many motorways now )

It gets them everytime :lol:

I saw one driver do this a few weeks back, and everyone else followed :lol:

Everyone from the fast lane merged to the slow lane and used the hard shouklder to get past idiot trucker who was blocking the fast lane. :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Because they get fed up of idiot drivers waiting till they run out of road before cutting in! And if thats all you boys have to worry about on a Monday ur either lucky or dont have enough to do.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
M J said:
Because they get fed up of idiot drivers waiting till they run out of road before cutting in! And if thats all you boys have to worry about on a Monday ur either lucky or dont have enough to do.

:lol: :lol:

I take it you work in a Office MJ ?

G

·
almost - but I hate the idiot rep who cuts in from 70mph to 40 at the very very last moment - if anything went wrong (it wouldnt of course, hes a good driver isnt he ;) ) we would all be stuffed....

·
Registered
321 Posts
You can see both sides really, cant you?

Cars will have to cut in to the remaining lane at some point, all the wagon drivers are doing is moving that point to behind them rather than in front of them. All this does is too make the traffic INFRONT of them to speed up a little as they arnt constantly braking to let people in from the closing lane. Of course, the traffic behind is still affected as it would be if the wagons werent there.

To aid better flow, ALL drivers would have to EITHER:

All move to the remaining lane as soon as possible (ie when the traffic is still pretty free flowing)

OR

All traffic would use BOTH LANES evenly, so the queue in both lanes was equal. Traffic would go into sperate lanes on an alternating basis and then at the point of merge, move into lane in turn.

But, this will never happen of course

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Dienamic said:
Hard shoulder it is then Brian, and there'll be a great big gap in front of them to pull back into!! :lol:
:lol:

and to speed up back onto track :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
No Brian, but used to have my own haulage company but sold up 2 1/2 years ago so can understand why truckers do it but sometimes have to remind myself that when stuck behind 2 side by side doing 55.5 mph!

·
Registered
37 Posts
truckers

the reason they do it is to stop the idiots doing 100mph upto the cones and then barging in 3 feet away from the cones causing everyone else 2 brake hard and slow down, as for this idea of the government of using the hard shoulder,what a load of [email protected]#ks, what are you suppose to do if you have a problem park in the 3rd lane ? the f#@king [email protected] want to spend a day in a truck they would soon see what goes on 44tonne doesn't stop the same as rep mobil, but it sure makes a mess of them :lol: :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.