Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent an email to Tunit yesterday, received a phonecall today. Their Dec offer is a Tunit upgrade for £479, get a free K & N air filter worth £50.

I was told the tunit ups power to 200bhp, and with the filter to 205bhp.

Also told the torque is upped to 316, 320 with air filter.

I'm going to scrape the pennies from the back of the sofa this christmas and see what i can do.

I must say though, very impressed with John at Tunit, very informative and extremely helpful.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I may be speacking **** here but doesnt the ECU just go to a back-up mode with these plug in boxes? I think that there is other threads about this.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
with many ebay ones, the ecu detects overboost and goes into safe mode.

will be interesting to see the tunit one on a rolling road :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
had a tunnit fitted after a few weeks, easy to fit, economy seems better. Towing with a boat back from Norfolk most weekends averages 31-32mpg. Dont even know its on the back sometimes. Much smoother.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
i would be happy for Tunit to do a group buy after a rolling road session.

there's many members who would like a upgrade but to be done properly

·
Registered
222 Posts
had mine fitted for about 13,000 miles with no problems............... apart from aching cheeks from smiling!!! 8)

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Firestarter said:
had mine fitted for about 13,000 miles with no problems............... apart from aching cheeks from smiling!!! 8)
what make you you got mate ?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Brian the Snail said:
Firestarter said:

well I thought it was a tunit until now!!! It's a Powerklick CRD2 bought from here:

http://www.dieseltuninguk.com/125.html

Very helpful guys :wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had a Tunit fitted to my D40 for about 17months now. On the whole I have been very pleased with it, gives a noticable increase in performance and about 2-3mpg increase in economy. :D

The Tunit unit is user adjustable, it has a screw that can be turned 10 clicks, 5 clicks(standard) should give about 200hp, I have tried mine on 7 but found that although the performance increase was noticable above the standard setting it pumped out far too much black smoke on the overrun. :(

The unit can be removed in about 5 mins if required.

I would he happy to put mine on a RR and do a back to back comparison as it so easy to swap out. However there are not any RR that I know of very local to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
also had the Tunit VCR and K& N fitted for about 13,000 mile s now.
Better performance and MPG averages at 34, but do a lot of motorway miles
Definately recommend it.
Still want to know about the Kenlow fan repalcement and whether that makes any real differnece too???

·
Registered
279 Posts
i run the kenlowe it does make a differance, not so much more power but it picks up much better on r/bouts and out of corners i find myself pulling out of r/bouts in third and she just picks up. it is also much quieter on the m/way and in general.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Firestarter said:
Brian the Snail said:
Firestarter said:

well I thought it was a tunit until now!!! It's a Powerklick CRD2 bought from here:

thats the one I have....
Im more than happy with it...

I think the one to talk to is Andrew

I also put a blitz sus air filter on...
thought it went slower and sounded ***** so it came straight back off....

·
Registered
222 Posts
Bigtone said:
Firestarter said:
Brian the Snail said:
Firestarter said:

thatsa the one I have....
Im more than happy with it...

I think the one to talk to is Andrew
That's the guy, very helpful :wink:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just out of interest, has anyone informed their insurance companies of these sort of mods? and if so, did it affect the premium?

·
Registered
155 Posts
It will affect your premium. You betcha!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts