Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow navlifers, very sorry if this has been answered but already and if so could i please be pointed in the right direction, if not I hope i can get some answers to my 08 d40 2.5 td having boost issues.

So far I have bought a brand new genuine boost solenoid and replaced that to no avail.
I replaced all 3 vacuum lines and followed the diagram and double checked with a friend's car with working boost. That didn't help so I changed my hotpipe with his working one and still no boost.

I noticed my actuator wastegate arm is not fluctuating on idle and when I pull the vac hose off it nothing happens. I just checked on a friend's nav and his arm is bouncing up and down on idle and when unplugged it drops about 20mm and sits still.

Question is does that need to be replaced?
If it does how big of a job is it to replace and what exactly would need replacing?

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
I haven’t heard of this particular issue, so it’s probably not a duplicate thread. I’m sure one of our tech experts will be along shortly

·
Administrator
14,910 Posts
A couple of people have had this same issue.
The end result was that they were not getting vacuum on the pipe from the vacuum pump.
It turned out to be a small crack in the metal pipe over on the other side of the engine.
I think somebody posted a picture of where the crack was, have a search on here, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello fellow navlifers, very sorry if this has been answered but already and if so could i please be pointed in the right direction, if not I hope i can get some answers to my 08 d40 2.5 td having boost issues.

So far I have bought a brand new genuine boost solenoid and replaced that to no avail.
I replaced all 3 vacuum lines and followed the diagram and double checked with a friend's car with working boost. That didn't help so I changed my hotpipe with his working one and still no boost.

I noticed my actuator wastegate arm is not fluctuating on idle and when I pull the vac hose off it nothing happens. I just checked on a friend's nav and his arm is bouncing up and down on idle and when unplugged it drops about 20mm and sits still.

Question is does that need to be replaced?
If it does how big of a job is it to replace and what exactly would need replacing?
Hey , did you found out the problem, i have the same thing, on my pathfindere

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey mate! I just resolved this issue! After replacing all vaccum hoses and boost solenoid, maf sensor nothing seemed to work. The boost worked in first gear but it was delayed. The issue turned out to be the boost map sensor which is just behind the inter cooler. I bought an after market part on eBay after Nissan told me it would cost 500 through them. I got it for 27, I had little hope that it would work but iv been driving around now for the last 4 weeks and no issues at all! Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts