Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my ute is having some trouble. past few weeks of driving i've been down on boost and sooting super heavily. noticed my turbo actuator isnt bobbing up and down on idle and i havent been able to lift up with pliers when its not running. had to suck really hard on the vac hose to get it to pull up too (unsure how hard it would usually be to lift up while sucking). tested the boost solenoid, no problems. possible stuck vanes? how to confirm this issue and how to fix it. second issue being the ute turning itself off on idle every now and then, and doesnt start back up till you let her sit for a while. could this be an injector issue as i had the p0093 code show up a while ago but hasnt come back since i cleared it, engine bay reaks of diesel after its been for a drive too. would love to have these issues solved asap as ive got a roadtrip coming end of year.
Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
16,482 Posts
The actuator should move quite easily. It maybe just some corrosion on the actuator, or something stopping the vanes, take off the intake to the turbo and have a look.

P0093 means your suction control valve needs replacing. (Stalling issues)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The actuator should move quite easily. It maybe just some corrosion on the actuator, or something stopping the vanes, take off the intake to the turbo and have a look.

P0093 means your suction control valve needs replacing. (Stalling issues)
what would i be looking for inside the intake side of the turbo? i replaced my scv about a month or two ago

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There vanes should be able to both turn and swivel.

When you replaced the scv, did you do a reset? (the one using the throttle pedal)
what do the vanes look like and where are they located, tried to do the reset but the engine light seemed to just keep flashing as it was rather than resetting the flashes to read 0000

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you take off the intake hose to the turbo, you will find the vanes inside. You will see them swivel a bit when you operate the actuator.
internet reckons to spray a bit of turbo cleaner into the intake pipe, should that solve my problem? i’ll do a pedal dance after i clean the turbo out and see if my issue persists

1 - 13 of 13 Posts