Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Has anyone fitted a pair of wider tyres to an np300 d23?
The standard 255/60r/18 tyres are pricey over here and the 265/60r/18 run at $50 less per tyre.
Has anyone fitted just two so 255 on front/back and 265 on the other.
The wider tyre is 1.7% bigger so at 100kms the 265 would be doing 101.7kms
If so did it cause any warning lights to come on?? ABS, Traction control etc?

I only ask because I need to change the rears on mine and the front are under half worn

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers.
I might just get some and try it. 3% seems to be the magic number to keep it under according to one site I read.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just seemed to be missing the point that it is a 50/50 split so any change in circumference will bind the 4wd up when it is in use.
Just need to get 4 new tyres if I want to go wider same brand same AT tyre yet I get 10mm more in width for $50 less each.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I just seemed to be missing the point that it is a 50/50 split so any change in circumference will bind the 4wd up when it is in use.
Just need to get 4 new tyres if I want to go wider same brand same AT tyre yet I get 10mm more in width for $50 less each.
Many reasons for different prices ,usually down to volume of production and spec are you comparing same load and speed rating for example ? You also need to question if a 265 will be safe on your rims you already have. most 265/60/18s on 4x4 will need a 8J rim as a minimum. As stated above the standard NP300 rim is 7J.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many reasons for different prices ,usually down to volume of production and spec are you comparing same load and speed rating for example ? You also need to question if a 265 will be safe on your rims you already have. most 265/60/18s on 4x4 will need a 8J rim as a minimum. As stated above the standard NP300 rim is 7J.

Yeah the tyre dealer I use said it was about volume of tyres produced that makes the difference in price.
I will definitely ask him about the rim width before making any purchase.

Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have put on 265/65/18 for over 2 years now with no problem.You just have to kèep in mind the speedo difference when travelling on speed limit.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have BF Goodrich K02 265/60/18's on my 2016 Tekna. They look noticeably wider than stock, look better than the stock tyres overall. And I don't notice road noise from them at all really. Apparently my speedo will read 2% too slow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts