Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , hope everyone is well. I’ve now done nearly 2000 miles with my V6 Outlaw and loving it , what a car , what an engine ! Anyway , MOT and winter are both approaching and new tyres are needed , they would MOT no problem but they won’t winter up here in the hills so I’m looking for recommendations for A/T tyres. Current size is 255/60 18 which I believe to be standard size. I’m going to fit them to the 18’s as I know I will hate how it looks with different wheels , Will kept the tyres that come off , Pirelli scorpions, with a view to eventually obtaining another set of 18’s (hen’s teeth I know !) I’m not averse to going up a size and the speedo massively over reads so slightly taller tyres would bring it nearer to an accurate reading (unless I’ve got it the wrong way round ?) so any recommendations greatly appreciated. Will do an ownership update after the MOT
Cheers, James

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
There's almost too much choice!

Correct that going for a bigger tyres on the same rims will make your speedo more accurate.

Saying that the bigger tyres won't make much difference apart from looking a bit better.

If you live somewhere that gets very mucky in winter, you might think about all terrain tyres. Something like BFG or General Grabber All Terrains are worth considering.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The plot thickens , perusing eBay looking at tyre choices and I’ve happened across a set of 4 V6 Outlaw wheels with part worn maxxis bravo a/t’s 255/60/18 at Thornton Breakers in Bradford ,3/4 hr from me , for £300 !!!!! Obviously I have bought them and will go pick them up tomorrow, they need paint but will do for this winter and hopefully the tyres will be enough to see me through, if not I will get some but at £300 i couldn’t miss them .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgot to say that I had a set of those tyres on a Kia Sorento and they were good.

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
The plot thickens , perusing eBay looking at tyre choices and I’ve happened across a set of 4 V6 Outlaw wheels with part worn maxxis bravo a/t’s 255/60/18 at Thornton Breakers in Bradford ,3/4 hr from me , for £300 !!!!! Obviously I have bought them and will go pick them up tomorrow, they need paint but will do for this winter and hopefully the tyres will be enough to see me through, if not I will get some but at £300 i couldn’t miss them .
I wish I had seen that before you did!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bet you do ! Just to add one more piece of luck, I never thought about it but obviously I got a full vat receipt so they’ve only cost me £250 !
Loads of tread on the tyres 2 are about 85-90% and 2 are about 75-80%
Deffo need to go buy a lottery ticket today 🤣
Tire Wheel Vertebrate Automotive tire Light

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That’s the worst wheel , will get them refurbished next summer

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And it continues…… just scored a 3.5 ton single phase mobile vehicle lift from the garage I used to work at for a couple hundred quid 😊
Absolutely gotta buy a ticket for the lottery. Only thing I’m dreading is when this lucky streak ends 😵‍💫

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
And it continues…… just scored a 3.5 ton single phase mobile vehicle lift from the garage I used to work at for a couple hundred quid 😊
Absolutely gotta buy a ticket for the lottery. Only thing I’m dreading is when this lucky streak ends 😵‍💫
What numbers do you use for the lottery?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alas my luck has stopped , not a single number on the euro millions , still had a good run though 😊

1 - 12 of 12 Posts