Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read an article yesterday where Mr. Brown is likely to increase income tax on pick up trucks by 6 times in the April. So commercial users that have been currently paying £500 per year for private usage, will be likely to pay £3000!!! This also will apply to any commercial van i.e transit etc...

Everywhere you look these days the government are looking to tax motorists in one way or another. Apparently, this all has come about because Mr. Brown has missed out on lost revenue through a pickup loophole where company cars have been replaced with pickups because of reclaiming the VAT.

So, it may be harder for all you company car (pickup owners) to justify your new navara, or similar!!

Yeah, cheers Mr. Brown!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think it's on benefit in kind tho?

So instead of paying the tax on a £500 benefit in kind you're paying tax on £3000.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just signed up against the road tax increase.

With 700+ members on this forum the current petition only has 162 signatures so come on guys and gals get typing.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
I never use mine for Private use, Its a mobile advertisement so its always in commercial usage.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Shauney's correct. It's the tax on £500 benefit at the mo, which will rise to the tax on £3000. Worked out for me it will mean about an extra £40 a month which isn't too bad.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
a extra £40 a month isnt too good, ill have a chat with accountant soon about this.

May not be worth owing a commercial vehicle, might as well buy a Range Rover Sport ;) :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Brian the Snail said:
a extra £40 a month isnt too good, ill have a chat with accountant soon about this.

May not be worth owing a commercial vehicle, might as well buy a Range Rover Sport ;) :)
But you said that you use your vehicle for 100% business use so the tax change doesn't affect you :?

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts