Nissan-Navara.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - Just an intro - Aventura black '06 model. Already scratched to hell. :)

Replaced shox with AVO (UK) ones - Mahooooosive improvement at the rear - for a hundred squid, its well worth it!

I have been on the nissan frontier (USA) forums - and have a the nissan navara (and pathfinder and <shhh> almera :roll: ) parts and service CDs online... I dont really want to post the link as it will overload my server - but maybe someone else wants to host it?

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
welcome to the site :)

Where did you purchase the rear shocks from, as they do sound like a rather good upgrade :)

im sure ezzer can host the parts CD, as it does sound rather good for us members.
Thanks for that mate :)

Brian

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi guy
Welcome

I know you from one of the yanky forum's
Yes i down loaded the parts cd before it's most helpfull :D

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hi Guy, good to have you with us.

I would be happy to host the parts CD - and whats more, I really know how to use it 8)

If you want mate, please PM me the download link, I will grab it and then upload to 'our' server.

Thanks,

Ezz.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Guy.
What type of improvement did you get from the shocks?
Do you carry heavy loads and has the ride quality improved??

Sorry for all the questions but I am interested in improving the ride quality on mine which I have somewhat compromised by fitting 20" wheels :wink:

·
Registered
279 Posts
welcome guy,

i would also be interested in a report on the rear shock upgrade :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The improvement I got was that the ride was more ---- supple. Little bumps dissapeard, and big ones where less, shocky. Instead of a 'crack' as you go over a speed bump at 40mph, it becomes a 'thump'

Its very difficult to describe.

I have carried:-

A film crew (3 people) and camera.

Most of my garage (a lot of steel)

empty.

Another film crew whilst towing a Primera (skanky) in hilly bumpy cornwall.

With the film crew, they have the damping set on 1 - 3. With the garage full of [email protected] it was set on 8 (of 12 or 15). With it empty, its set on 5. On this setting it feels SO much more planted, and stable through high speed corners, and I can drive it with more confidence through the country lanes.

and my spine hasnt exited the top of my head....

·
Registered
279 Posts
cool so they are adjustable! and did you say £100 :shock:
might be worth a look.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
105 quid, inc VAT but not delivery iirc

I drove to the factory, they lent me the spanners to take mine off, dyno'd the (original) shock, proclaimed it '****' and 'ar$e about face' and 'we would never build a shock like that, its all wrong'. They then made me a custom shock, and I fitted it, I went for a test drive, came back and gladly paid up!

·
Registered
30 Posts
i fitted the 2 rear Pro Comp shocks from my D22 to my D40 before upgrading the rear springs, made it handle a lot better although ride was stiffer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.