Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm to install a Pioneer TS-WX130EA active sub-woofer to my NP300 Navara. On opening up the Sat-Nav head unit, don't see any spare phono plugs for the sub. Has anyone previously installed a similar or known which plug(wires) I should be connected for the phono plugs to the sub. Many thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
14,275 Posts
You will need to wire in a line level converter (you seldom get a dedicated sub output on a factory head unit.)

Not expensive, but fiddly. YouTube will be able to help.

·
Registered
434 Posts
What Landmannnn said. I recently installed one under the drivers seat, i tied into the rear door speakers for the low level input, went through the passenger side bulk head for routing power wire (there is a empty grommet with pre drilled hole, just need to drill through carpet insulation), i tied into the cigarette lighter wire for the acc power.

·
Administrator
4,747 Posts
Connects to the rear speakers and a power source

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hello, many thanks for your info.
So I should connect the wires to the rear speaker with the input level switch to SPK.
I didn't bother using a line convertor like in the ebay link, I didn't need to as my sub had a high level line input(direct from speaker wire), it also has the option of rca input but didn't feel the need to use it. I'm pretty sure yours would have both inputs.

·
Administrator
4,747 Posts
Hello, many thanks for your info.
So I should connect the wires to the rear speaker with the input level switch to SPK.
I didn't realise the low level convertor had a switch?

·
Administrator
14,275 Posts
Guessing the option to set the input at low level (head unit phono) or high level from the speakers (SPK). Suggest the switch should be on SPK.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't bother using a line convertor like in the ebay link, I didn't need to as my sub had a high level line input(direct from speaker wire), it also has the option of rca input but didn't feel the need to use it. I'm pretty sure yours would have both inputs.
Yes, exactly as you said. On stripping the rear door cover, which wire colour is the +ve or -ve . It is very essential I guess.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Can't 100% remember but i think it was the white one. The easiest way to find out is to disconnect the plug at the speaker and take a 9v or AA battery and touch the 2 wires to the speaker inputs, if the speaker drives out then whichever wire is on the battery positive is the speaker positive. this video better explains it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts