Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Navara
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys,
I want to share my audio upgrade with you. I recently installed a 280w underseat active subwoofer behind the 1/3 rear seat, just front of the rear vent. My goals were minimum touch maximum gain :). Now I’m satisfied with this project and wanna share with you because I couldn’t find any similar project in net and wanna help those like me planning a little addition of bass to system. I’ll post schematics first then photos as soon as possible.
PS: I especially want to know your thoughts about my audio connection. I connected a Bluetooth receiver to both radio and subwoofer line in port with parallel (y splitter) connection. It’s working as my plan. But there is also a high power inputs on my sub.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts
What's it sound like? Sometimes you can get a delay with Bluetooth, but if you don't it is a good option.

·
Registered
2011 Navara
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i didn’t sense a delay. If I’m not mistaken, phase setting of sub is for this kind of situation. But mine is set to 0. Also I gained more flexibility about sound. By this configuration sub gets signal directly from source and radio too. I freely dimmed the radio bass like crossover for original speakers. Only sub act’s for low frequencies. Also the space behind rear seats act as a sub cabin. And the rear vent in my opinion helps the sub not to be overheated. Also when I max the sound I feel all the kick literally ?

·
Registered
2011 Navara
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also i have to mention one downside which I forgot. The 1/3 rear seat can’t be fold up fully because of the sub. If you want to reach to the storage box under this seat, first you have to fold down the back of the seat then fold up both approximately 30-45 degrees max depending on your subs thickness. My sub is 7,5 cm thick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts