Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a late 2015 d40 which I would like to tow a caravan with. Problem is I passed my test 2001 so restricted at Present to 3500kg combined but this is the
UNLADEN WEIGHT OF VEHICLE +
MAX PERMISSABLE WEIGHT OF TRAILER.
My question is the vin plate doesn't show an unladen weight, it only shows a mass in service of 2193kg according to the log book.
The weights on the vin plate is
3210kg gross
5810kg train weight.

Does anyone have access to the unladen weight of these. My caravan weighs 1450kg so I only have a max of 2050kg unladen on the Navara.

Any help would be appreciated and I realise there's a lot of numbers involved here!

·
Administrator
15,622 Posts
The kerb weight is definitely 2040.
I believe the unladen weight has a different definition so about 1990, the mass in service includes the driver which is why it is higher.

I hadn't realised they had delayed the change due on 15th November.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah brilliant. Thanks very much for the reply.
I can definitely work out the unladen if I know the kerb weight.
I know the dvsa say a driver is measured at 75kg.
The funny thing is I have a hgv class 2 for work so can drive a 36t lorry but can only just tow a caravan with a Navara!
Yes the rules hopefully will change the towing rules so I can tow a logging trailer as I can't even book a E test as they scrapped them!

·
Administrator
15,622 Posts
It's all a bit confusing.

By the way 2040 is a key number. If the vehicle is over that, the speed limits on dual carriageways go to 60mph, something the XClass Merc an Amorak feel foul of.

The 2040 includes a nominative 45kg for the bed cover/canopy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts