Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just wondering any body know how much leather is actually used in the upholstery of the Tekna (2019).

It states in the advert for the tekna that
**some sinthetic material "may" be used.

Well I used some leather cream and only the front seats soaked it up. And that was just the top of the front seats just the area you sit on . All the rest of the seating was left with a film on the surface, so in my eyes about 80% is fake leather. So much for the tekna having leather upholstery and "may" contain some sinthetic material. This is very disappointing and a bit of misrepresentation of the upholstery used in the Tekna. So anybody know what area you use vynil cleaner and the areas you use leather cream. Just came accros this yesterday as my previous vehicle a Peugeot4007 (great car by the way towed my 1800kg caravan all over Europe no problem) all the seating was leather apart from the backs of the front seats.馃槶

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I know that as stated in my post but to say the np300 has leather upholstery is laughabl when everything is vynil apart from the seating area on the front seats. Looked at the musso before buying mine their's is vynil looks like leather but at least they admit it by stating it is faux leather. And not saying "SOME" synthetic "MAY" BE used, should say some leather may be used.

End of rant.

Administrator
Agreed, it does feel like a rip off. For all that extra money you are really just getting vinyl seats with the odd patch of leather...

Registered
Yep, same in my Juke Tekna, Pulsar Tekna and now Navara Tekna. The quote of having leather interior needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Registered
When we had a 2012 Vauxhall Astra SE it quoted half leather/ fabric seats in the brochure but all the leather was actually vinyl.

Registered
This is normal in the car industry. Leather seats means the facing with fake used where ever there are no contact points!Mercedes 'leather is usualy artico or vinyl but after a high profile court case is advertised as such and not leather! all saves cash!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts