Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I’ve been struggling with the archaic infotainment system in my new NP300. I do understand that it’s not a key feature but ideally I’d like Apple carplay without having to upgrade the whole unit.

I’ve found a few online places that sell USB adaptors that seem to emulate Apple CarPlay, just wondering if anyone has been able to upgrade without replacing the whole unit?

Thanks.

17 plate NP300:Worcestershire

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Don't really see how a USB stick can emulate Apple Carplay. Can you post a link?
I thought this was only for Android head units... Any head unit whatsoever would surely need a driver or app to be able to interpret and present the iPhone interface on the head unit coming from a USB dongle that connected with the iPhone....?

Truth be told, all head units, and for that matter all smart TV's, ought to use Android, or similar open operating system these days, so we can run any third-party apps and external hardware we want. Anyone with a Samsung Smart TV will know the ridiculous limitations compared with any Android kit - my TV won't pay any video with AC-3 sound, or with x265 video, which are pretty standard now, and the TV cannot be upgraded in any way (Samsung support or upgrade nothing over two years old - they have good hardware but rubbish software and support). This is the same with car manufacturers and their out-of-date head units. The thing is, the big manufacturers are still trying to lock you into their proprietary eco-system, but the world has moved on....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is one item I found;

[ame]https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B076D2BP4S/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8[/ame]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AS freemansteve said, I believe you need their app to be able to get it to work properly, just trying to find a work around without upgrading the head unit, which I may do but even then trying to find one which would work with the 360degree camera system...

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts