Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all. Just wondering if anyone else suffers this situation with their V6 auto.

Basically when the oil is really cold it mimics clutch slip if I was to put accelerate hard. Also the gears don't seem to stay engaged. As soon as I let off the throttle it goes into "free wheel" after 5 mins of driving the oil is warmer and then these issues go away. Not sure if it is actually an issue or just the way the torque convertor works with cold thick oil?

I recently replaced the oil to see if this would make a difference but it didn't really. Yes I used the correct oil, not Nissan stuff but Millers ATF which meets the Jatco requirements. I have actually got a video to crop cut and paste to upload showing how to do it. Read a lot and theres not much out there on how to do it so thought a video would be good! Truck has done 80k miles and apart from this it drives spot on.

·
Administrator
12,349 Posts
Yes, the automatic transmission does behave slightly differently when the engine and gearbox are cold.
I think it is likely that it is programmed to work that way

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the speedy response. I have one of the very few V6 Navaras in my area so couldn't even go and check another! Kinda puts my mind at ease now, I did hope that it was just the way they were put equally I always had the niggle.

·
Administrator
12,349 Posts
If you go to Navara Asia forum they have a dedicated section on the V9x gearbox. Read that through if really want to worry!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts