Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now i got a V6 i was thinking about doing some mods to make it an absolute sleeper.
I was thinking maybe doing a remap?
Exhaust? If yes, what size?
Air filter: stock one/ optimized one but stock airbox/ cold air intake?

What other mods could i do? I don't want to make it an 4x4 off roader, and new summer tires are on the way but which one would you recommend?

Bear in mind that i don't got a huge budget as i've seen some modders here creat some awesome projects like Bluenavara's 350hp D40, and Rich his absolute mad Navara 8)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well only 1 thing left to do and that is to call the exhaust tuner :D

I've seen on his website that you can even choose for an "active sound generator"
I still don't know if he can do it for a Navara but if he can it should sound something like this:
Or maybe something else but i want something that makes atleast some noise, the V6 is so quiet even my 2.5 made more noise, tho it didn't went as fast nor as smooth as this v6 does.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well just called my exhaust tuner (Skytune BE) and he's going to fabric my new exhaust. The only trouble is, he is only available from july. So i've got an appointment the 5th of july :partycheer:

So what did i order. A bigger exhaust, 3 inch isn't legal in belgium, so its going to be a bit smaller, with 2 , dual exhaust tips and just for fun, i'm going to throw an active sound generator. Since it costs a lot, i got a nice discount but its still going to cost me 2.350€ or +- 1.730 Pounds.

Other mods will follow, i'm just going slowly taking my time :study:

·
Registered
2011, navara D40 3.0L v6 (STX550)
17 Posts
well i have the follow done:

• upgraded intercooler
  • plazmaman intercooler hard pipe kit
  • k&n panel filter
  • power remap
  • DPF removed
to be honest not noticing much extra but i think there is an issue with her (no codes though) as when i bought it the EGR was blanked off fully and plugged out. need to look into it more if thats causing my power loss.

but on the plus side it sounds great and surprises people when i take off but if you asked did all those mods improve power? i would be reluctant to say yes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts