Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys I wish to remove the turbo, so can any of you guys give any info on how to do it.
Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
11,565 Posts
ok so it looks like nobody has taken the turbo off. thanks.
They have yes. Three methods, body off, engine out or gearbox out. Clearly ridiculously complicated, but most V6 turbo'd vehicles are the same as the turbo sits above the gearbox and is not accessible.
Gearbox out is the easiest (relatively).
You need to be very sure it is the turbo!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They have yes. Three methods, body off, engine out or gearbox out. Clearly ridiculously complicated, but most V6 turbo'd vehicles are the same as the turbo sits above the gearbox and is not accessible.
Gearbox out is the easiest (relatively).
You need to be very sure it is the turbo!!
Thanks for your reply. haven't logged on to this site for a while, I was thinking the same, gearbox out, but wasn't sure, I want to check for play in the turbo, as I seem to have Alot of oil in the intercooler, and I was told it could be passing though the turbo and filling the intercooler, I'm not a mechanic so any advice is most welcome. Thanks again.(y)

·
Administrator
11,565 Posts
It is really common for professional mechanics to see oil in the intake and assume the turbo is gone. For the 2.5 engine I would estimate that at 50 people have had their turbos pointlessly replaced due to this "issue" on this forum.

So the aftermarket industry has earned £100k from just the people who have commented on this forum, multiply that my the general public, the aftermarket have earned millions.

Back in the late 80's and early 90's turbo seals used to go and the engines self destructed. Moving on wel after the millenium, things have changed. Turbo seals are good and all vehicles vent the crankcase into the inlet ducting.

So yes, if you were driving a 1989 Discovery TD, with a turbo bolted on a 1950's engine,and found oil in the intake, then you should be worried.

You aren't, so don't. Find something else to worry about - perhaps Boris?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts