Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Navara STX550 (V9X)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I know it's a long shot and probably not a question anyone can answer, but just in case.. I'm curious as to if there are any known difference to the internal parts of the V9X between the Nissan and Renault? I wouldn't suspect there is but when I look for parts, the aftermarket part numbers are different between the two.

My Navara is off the road with rough running issues and the mechanic has diagnosed it as two collapsed lifters plus other things. In Australia, we can only get the replacement lifters from Nissan at a cost of AU$2500 + tax.. so this morning the mechanic called and advised me to "order the parts from overseas where you can get them if you're comfortable with that"

No drama I thought. I found brand new rocker arms and lifters for a V9X Laguna.. but then that got me thinking.. maybe the mechanic found these parts as well and doesn't want to take the risk if it doesn't fit. This way, it doesn't fit it's on me. So I've had a bit of a look around and hydraulic lifters for example:

Renault Laguna V9X: ajusa part number 85009300
Nissan Navara V9X: ajusa part number 85020600

Ajusa seems to be the only company that lists parts for the Nissan V9X, while other manufacturers have parts for the Renault V9X. Unfortunately there aren't specs or drawings available of the Ajusa Nissan V9X parts.

If anyone has any experience or knowledge they could share it would be appreciated!

Short of any knowledge from the forum, maybe I'll need to buy one of each and take them to the mechanic to compare, but the way the head is arranged (cams in the rocker cover, lifters under the cams in the head cavity/spacer) we won't be able to tell if the lifters correctly load up.

·
Registered
2011 Navara STX550 (V9X)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got an answer from a supplier, the parts I need match between the Renault and Nissan as expected.. Odd that they have different part numbers and prices, but means I can order the cheaper priced Renault part numbers :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gerald 2013 Navara Outlaw V6
Thats interesting as I want to change the fan belt at 80k miles Nissan manual is saying you must replace the belt + two idler pulleys + auto tensioner at a cost of £1000 plus for the parts alone
2 fitters at my local main dealer say they only replace the belt if the pulleys don't rattle and seem OK What do I do £45 for a belt I can live with £1000 plus might indicate its time for a change

·
Administrator
13,317 Posts
It is odd that the manual says to replace the pulleys. I am guessing that they are thinking of s situation where a customer has a badly worn or noisy belt which may have damaged the pulleys.

Is yours actually in need of replacement? I Have done 130k miles and the belt appears fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is odd that the manual says to replace the pulleys. I am guessing that they are thinking of s situation where a customer has a badly worn or noisy belt which may have damaged the pulleys.

Is yours actually in need of replacement? I Have done 130k miles and the belt appears fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry for late reply been away on a short break
I thought I should replace as a service item at 80k but at these prices I will maybe watch carefully and check regularly
another point after just replacing EGR valve and finding oil going every where it should not be I have fitted a HPD oil catch can/seperater very nice piece of kit not cheap but looks very well made
and appears to be doing the job 800m and it has about 1inch of oil in the bottom.Any comments on these will be of interest

1 - 7 of 7 Posts