Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have a 3.0 diesel V9X Nissan Navara. I am new to the Nissan Club but not to this truck. It was my business partner but he has lost interest and said if you can fix it its yours - shame to waste it. The poor thing tries to start but fails. I am absolutely convinced it's air in the system after the tank was drained.

Reading around these seems like a pig to prime and there is diesel in the new filter.
The Navara is 2012, and it had a new fuel filter etc. I am trying to go back to basics, I have cracked off the furthest injector on the rail from the filter and I can see air bubbling but I would have expected diesel to be firing out its just dribbling :(
There are no ECU codes flashing on the dash or on odb so I am sure it is just out of fuel.

One thing I can see on the forum is the talk of the primer bulb? I have had the new filter out again and can't see it, any ideas where this is or is it a 2.5 thing only?

Also as I didn't swap the filter myself ( trust no one ;) ) I just want to be sure the pipes are even the correct way around? How can I tell? I have tried turning the key to see if there is a priming pump from the tank but there is no fuel from either line nothing is even dripping out. There is 1/4 tank of fresh diesel in the beast.

I also noticed a little stiff fuel pipe in the centre of the engine, it is marked as a fuel pipe but it is capped off, I can remove the cap and its a port? - is this a priming / bleed point?

If I can get it running I get a free car!

Any help or advice will be great :)

·
Administrator
15,346 Posts
On the V6 there is a priming pump supplied as a separate item. Have a look behind the seats to see if it is stashed there, alternatively you will need to get one.

The procedure is quite straightforward,.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for this :)

I did look behind the seats but there is nothing there. I guess I can get a generic one? Or is it a special part? Will it go on the line just before the prior to the filter so it will pump it up then I guess in after to suck it through the filter, drawing the fuel as close as possible?

·
Administrator
15,346 Posts
If you Google how to use a v9x primer some kind people have posted some YouTube videos.

Not sure whether there are generic ones to do the job.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Car Watch

Well that was a mission for ages I didn't have much luck so rigged up a 12 volt pump and it's flowing now! Evian bottle is a Nissan Approved Tool, honest ;)
Still doesn't start. My guess is this bleed point is still low pressure side? I am bleeding to the pump? So the pump could be blocked or faulty?

·
Administrator
15,346 Posts
Correct, that is the feed rather than the the high pressure part.

How long did you crank it for, the manual says 30 seconds, if it doesn't start, another 30 seconds. 30 seconds feels like a very long time.

Any fault codes?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts