Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 D40 Tekna. Today, it started up no problem and I drove the 8km to work. When I got there I noticed the ESC and traction lights were on. I stopped the engine and switched the ignition back on to see if they would clear but they didn't, also the car was sluggish to start. After work, I went to start it and the two lights were on but I noticed there was no heater plug light. The car started ok just a bit sluggish. Went for first gear and pulled away, I'm parked on a fairly steep hill so the car just rolled down. When I got onto the main road, I noticed there was no throttle, nothing until I had it pushed all the way down for about five seconds and then revs slowly rose, then it revved but with no response. If I went below about 10% throttle, it died back to idle and I had to wait another 5 seconds for it to respond. I can't leave the car so I had to limp home, we are very rural so no other cars on the road really. It was a case of getting in gear, waiting for revs to rise and moving off then hovering the throttle just above 10% and changing up. There is no throttle response, it just gets there when it gets there. Anyway, got home without too much hassle and went to tell the wife the bad news. Got in the car to show her what was happening and the damn thing started up just as always, no lights on dash, heater plugs working fine, drives perfectly.

Anybody seen anything like this before? Would there be error codes stored in the ECU for this, so many systems all going down at once.

Car has a new fuel filter, not long serviced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts