Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I bought my first Navara roughly six months ago. It’s a 2013 Spanish built, automatic 140kw D40 with roughly 200,000km on the clock. I bought the truck from my boss who back in 2013 bought it from the dealer. It has had a very easy life (no towing or 4WDing). The truck has always been regularly serviced, after Nissan the servicing was carried out by myself or one of the mechanics I work with. I should probably mention I am a diesel mechanic and work for a crane company.

Since buying the truck roughly six months ago I have done three full engine services, changed both diff and transfer case oils, transmission oil filter and magnets, installed a catch can, replaced oem springs with a two inch tough dog lift, upgraded to double row timing chain.

Now ever since I can remember (years before me buying it) the truck has has this frustrating vibration/rattle around 1900-2000rpm, it is present in all gears but more noticeable in 3rd, 4th, 5th. It only happens with the engine under load (driving uphill) and it is reached full operating temperature (weird it doesn’t happen cold?). It sounds like it’s coming from somewhere behind the dash but I think it’s probably on the engine side of the firewall. To me it doesn’t sound sinister (injectors 😬) it just sounds like something is loose.

Iv done a fair bit of reading on this forum which has led me to check things such as chassis bushes, loose air box, ECU reset, gearbox mounts, and a few others that I can’t remember - all with no luck.

Iv read a few posts about ‘a loose pin on the clutch master cylinder’ and my problem/noise sounds very similar to this one only I don’t have a clutch master cylinder.

Today I’m going to remove the EGR for a cleanup and inspection, I’m not confident this is the cause of my problem but I’m running out of ideas.

Im pretty lost on this one guys so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Angus.

·
Administrator
15,348 Posts
Three possibilities

The heat shield on the exhaust, roughly under the passenger footwell.

The bonnet rubbers need adjusting, just give them half a return upwards.

The air-conditioning pipes clipped to the engine bay firewall/bulkhead on the passenger side are sometimes a bit too close to each other and need cable tying.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Three possibilities

The heat shield on the exhaust, roughly under the passenger footwell.

The bonnet rubbers need adjusting, just give them half a return upwards.

The air-conditioning pipes clipped to the engine bay firewall/bulkhead on the passenger side are sometimes a bit too close to each other and need cable tying.
Hi guys,

I bought my first Navara roughly six months ago. It’s a 2013 Spanish built, automatic 140kw D40 with roughly 200,000km on the clock. I bought the truck from my boss who back in 2013 bought it from the dealer. It has had a very easy life (no towing or 4WDing). The truck has always been regularly serviced, after Nissan the servicing was carried out by myself or one of the mechanics I work with. I should probably mention I am a diesel mechanic and work for a crane company.

Since buying the truck roughly six months ago I have done three full engine services, changed both diff and transfer case oils, transmission oil filter and magnets, installed a catch can, replaced oem springs with a two inch tough dog lift, upgraded to double row timing chain.

Now ever since I can remember (years before me buying it) the truck has has this frustrating vibration/rattle around 1900-2000rpm, it is present in all gears but more noticeable in 3rd, 4th, 5th. It only happens with the engine under load (driving uphill) and it is reached full operating temperature (weird it doesn’t happen cold?). It sounds like it’s coming from somewhere behind the dash but I think it’s probably on the engine side of the firewall. To me it doesn’t sound sinister (injectors 😬) it just sounds like something is loose.

Iv done a fair bit of reading on this forum which has led me to check things such as chassis bushes, loose air box, ECU reset, gearbox mounts, and a few others that I can’t remember - all with no luck.

Iv read a few posts about ‘a loose pin on the clutch master cylinder’ and my problem/noise sounds very similar to this one only I don’t have a clutch master cylinder.

Today I’m going to remove the EGR for a cleanup and inspection, I’m not confident this is the cause of my problem but I’m running out of ideas.

Im pretty lost on this one guys so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Angus.
Hi there Angus I’ve also got a rattle and if it’s sounds like a metal to metal rattle same as mine and I was panicking about I found that the bracket for the cat which is in a right pig of a place has broken in wraps around the cat and any bump I can here it but that to only seems to happen under load or when it’s hot worth a check fingers crossed u find it I’ve learned to live with it as it looks an awkward job without a ramp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts