Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aukiwarxz, png
I found some faults on my car. When the engine heats up the coolant blows out of the reservoir and at the same time the inlet hose from the radiator is cold. What is the cause?? Need help

·
Administrator
11,695 Posts
Possibly an air lock. Try the coolant bleeding of you haven't already. Simply idle the engine for 10 minutes with the expansion cap off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aukiwarxz, png
Engine starts fine but as i drove at 100km/h uphill or on flat land the needle on the temp gauge rises and reach the red line and at the same time coolant boils out of the expansion tank. What is the real cause?? need help

·
Administrator
11,695 Posts
You have made several posts on this topic.

Have you bled the cooling system?

If you have, then I suspect the head gasket. The gasket fails just above the alternator, next to the thermostat.
Get a garage to do a pressure test.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I do believe what the previous posts mention is much likelier to be the problem. But on my truck I had a problem with water pushing out of reservoir and I found I had accidentally switched radiator caps. But its cause I bought aftermarket caps and both of them fit on either location.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem on my Navara 2007 D40 with YD25 Engine and it was a blown head gasket. If you have not looped your water pipes and still work with the factory cooling system, it is easy to see the problem remove the radiator pipe heading to the coolant reserve tank as the car engine is running, if the coolant comes out with bubbles with a weak flow you will most definitely have a blown head gasket. And after replacing the blown head gasket make sure you performing bleeding of air out of the cooling system flow pipes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I do believe what the previous posts mention is much likelier to be the problem. But on my truck I had a problem with water pushing out of reservoir and I found I had accidentally switched radiator caps. But its cause I bought aftermarket caps and both of them fit on either location.
Donald is right! The radiator cap is flat and the reserve tank cap is the pressure one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts