Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one
I have bought my Nissan star dual cap np 300 in 2018 December and it is just one year old .
After my recent 4WD trip and one shallow water crossing the engine sign comes up.
After I have stop in parking then put the gear to drive , car turned off .
My car has to be towed a way for two days because of new year public holiday .
After two days I went to move my car to closer dealer and I have seat I in the car and it’s moved and I drove back my car with engine sign on to closer Nissan dealer .
After two days they told I have got water in my transmission and it is not covered under warranty and I have to pay $15k out of my pocket for transmission replacement , because I did the water crossing although I have mentioned it was shallow water crossing .
I think it should be covered under ConSumer guarantee act.
Nissan always advertise off-roading and Aldi water crossing capability’s of their car. They have never said or written in the booklet or warranty book that you can not do water crossing or you can not enter water .
Who should I take complaining. To and what should I do . Regards
Matthew

·
Administrator
13,317 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I suggest you take the case up Nissan Customer Services, especially if you are confident that you have not exceeded the maximum wading depth.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Navara D23 NP300
84 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I suggest you take the case up Nissan Customer Services, especially if you are confident that you have not exceeded the maximum wading depth.
Where would you find the maximum wading depth out of interest?

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Navara D23 NP300
84 Posts
Hi every one
I have bought my Nissan star dual cap np 300 in 2018 December and it is just one year old .
After my recent 4WD trip and one shallow water crossing the engine sign comes up.
After I have stop in parking then put the gear to drive , car turned off .
My car has to be towed a way for two days because of new year public holiday .
After two days I went to move my car to closer dealer and I have seat I in the car and it’s moved and I drove back my car with engine sign on to closer Nissan dealer .
After two days they told I have got water in my transmission and it is not covered under warranty and I have to pay $15k out of my pocket for transmission replacement , because I did the water crossing although I have mentioned it was shallow water crossing .
I think it should be covered under ConSumer guarantee act.
Nissan always advertise off-roading and Aldi water crossing capability’s of their car. They have never said or written in the booklet or warranty book that you can not do water crossing or you can not enter water .
Who should I take complaining. To and what should I do . Regards
Matthew
Could it be the breathers were subsequently under water, sucking in water? I know one of the first things recommended in the Aussie climate for touring is extending all breathers (diff/gearbox etc) up into the too of the bonnet/engine bay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts