Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Navara stx550 2012,Auto
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My red engine warning light came on halfway through a tank of diesel on my 2012 stx 550 ,later on the orange light came on,it’s not showing any fault codes and no loss of power.
Is it ok to drive to the mechanic?

·
Administrator
4,700 Posts
Who's told you it's water in the fuel? As per title.

·
Administrator
4,700 Posts
Oh ok
Well assuming the v6 has a similar fuel filter/seperation set up to the 2.5, where water in the fuel is separated and collected inside the fuel filter canister, which can then be drained off through a bleed screw on the side of the filter!
Remembering back a few years ago, I got some bad fuel and the truck just started coughing and misfiring! and once I'd drained and replaced the fuel there were no lasting affects!
So I'd say your OK to drive to your mechanic (providing he's not miles away)

·
Registered
Navara stx550 2012,Auto
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh ok
Well assuming the v6 has a similar fuel filter/seperation set up to the 2.5, where water in the fuel is separated and collected inside the fuel filter canister, which can then be drained off through a bleed screw on the side of the filter!
Remembering back a few years ago, I got some bad fuel and the truck just started coughing and misfiring! and once I'd drained and replaced the fuel there were no lasting affects!
So I'd say your OK to drive to your mechanic (providing he's not miles away)
Thanks for the advice, I am going to the mechanic on Thursday to have a pre filter water separator and oil catch can fitted as we have such **** diesel in Oz

·
Registered
Navara stx550 2012,Auto
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice, I am going to the mechanic on Thursday to have a pre filter water separator and oil catch can fitted as we have such **** diesel in Oz
All sorted ,pre fuel filter,oil catch can,new fuel filter sensor.
No warning lights,goes great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts