Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw Ed China use this stuff on wheeler dealers a few years ago, I think on a Triumph Stag.

What's your thoughts on this re suitability for a Nav?

Tell you why I'm asking. Got a 2008 Adventura that I had from new to tow my 3,7 tonne fifth wheel and it's now just gone over 100K Been faultless other than wear and tear and cooling isn't an issue until............
We go to Spain for the winter towing from Calais to below Benidorm and some of the mountain climbs (Pas de Calais and Pyrenees) are killers. I find that so long as I keep just below 3000 revs she Ok but even 3100 will cause her to start getting too warm. That puts us down to 38mph on the motorway hills and we're STILL overtaking some trucks. Tough run.
So, thoughts? Might it help? Can anyone think of a better alternative? No, not a hotel!?

·
Administrator
12,691 Posts
Waterless coolant will help. It is unusual to have overheating issues with these, but you are loading it up.

Other things, I wonder how good the radiator is? A replacement isn't too expensive. An oil cooler might be worth thinking about too.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks mate, I'll have a look at those options as well. I think one of my main concerns was or is, the fact that modern cars have so many more sensors on than older ones and I didn't want to possibly cure one problem to then raise a load of new ones.
As a matter of interest, re rads/coolers, am I better off with Nissan or are there better after market options?

·
Administrator
12,691 Posts
I've not seen any aftermarket higher capacity ones, it was more that after 12 years the existing one might not be at its best.
Just thinking about it, have you checked that the viscous fan is cutting in?

·
Super Moderator
4,477 Posts
The standard radiator is up to the job provided its in full working order and water/coolant mix is correct!
If coolings still a concern maybe think about an electric fan conversion with an additional dash switch so you could manually turn it on as you approch a demanding hill?
Id also think about a digital temperature guage?
As landmannnn says a oil cooler would be worthwhile. It wont partcualy help with performance but it will help the oil last longer if its regualy getting hot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts