Nissan-Navara.net banner

Westway Nissan Basingstoke.

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  blueice57 
#1 ·
As I have said in the UKVC thread, my experience with all I have dealt with @ UKVC very good, did what they said they would do. all you can ask really.
Westway Basinstoke- the supplying dealer..........where do I start....

Delivered to my door, on time.- the one and only positive.

upon inspection, all good, untill I opened the dealer fit roll top to discover the load liner half installed, damaged. badly alligned, bed rails missing-( c channels to the floor) and no tail gate liner.
Phoned UKVC who in turn phoned Westway, UKVC duly returned my call to say their man at westway-Terry had it all in hand and I should give him a call to arrange rectification. To this day Terry has not had the decency to even acknowledge my calls.
I was passed on to Duncan, service bloke who then tried to tell me they fitted all that was delivered, any shortage is down to UKVC.
Jo and Wendy proceeded to rattle the necessary cage, Duncan then call back to say it was their fault the c channels were missing- the technician could not get them to fit without the fitting kit so he threw them away :shock: they have ordered new ones.
In the mean time UKVC got the missing parts delivered to me and told me Duncan will call to arrange fitting along with new c channels.
Last wed(15/11) I called Duncan to be told they expected c chan lunch time thurs, will be calling me by 3.30 to book the work.
Guess what, no phone call.
I phone back 1.30 fri to be told he was at lunch. left message and phone no. - in case he lost it - and i still await a return call
Phone sat morn 11 am leave another message as service is closed on a sat?
I only want someone at westway to communicate with me, even if they say we are still waiting for the part. To just ignore my calls is very unprofessional at one level, down right rude on another level :x
I have a westway 15 miles nearer and possibly will take my service work there, but i wonder if they are all the same franchise and will get a similar level of incompetance. :eek:

Are all Nissan dealers franchised :?:

Is there a head office or Main dealer :?:

I'm reading through this topic very worried about the entire nissan dealer network.

i hope my experience improves and Duncan or Terry actually do what they say they will do.
I will keep you posted.

Rant over :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Not good for you, are they close enough for you to go down there in person, ideally when they're busy, and make a rather load vocal complaint for all to hear ;)

Dealers don't like it when you give them an ear bashing in front of other customers, it makes them look bad!

Good look with getting it sorted.

Bob

#4 ·
Thanks for the advise guys, it is very tempting to go down and have a rant, todays events have eased my beef a little....

After waiting all morning for Duncan in service to call me ( 3 unreturned calls and rising!) I could contain myself no longer. called at 1.40pm got sent around the telephone system a lap or two, back to reception and let the poor bloke have it down the phone. He promised a return call today. 3.55pm service call, all the bits are in, they will fit them, the new number plate that fell off :shock: and finish all within an hour on Sat morn. We shall see

Update sat pm.

#5 ·
Update...
After all my rear lights failing last night on the way home :shock: one hour in the dark at home looking for fuses etc. I gave up.
Called the dealer this morning, Lee in service was very understanding, agreed it couldn't wait, so I took it there.

Isn't it funny how sometimes a place you have lost faith in, manages at the twelfth hour to come good. I dont know where they got this young lad from- well I do actually, peugeot over the road :wink: - But at 20 years old he seemed to be in control of phones, technicians and customers in various amounts, and a very unhappy ME pacing up and down his reception area, managing to be truthfull about the entire situation and very solution orientated.

3 hours, 3 cups of coffee later I leave all rectified, how it should have been day 1 :roll:

By the way, the rear lights, all except the stop lights fused because the towbar installer wired the trailer lights to one side only, apparantly overloading the fuse. that or the trailer lights are faulty. or just a dodgy fuse :shock:
The fuse box that has the light fuse in is not accounted for in the hand book either, it is under the bonnet, top right down quite low under the relay fuse box :eek:
I now have a new 10a fuse in there, will see if that lasts when i next tow, been told to put a 15a fuse in if that goes :!: , if that goes they will re wire the towbar electrics.

So for now I'll give Westway Basingstoke back Some of the brownie points they lost, but the jury is still out!

Here's to some troublefree motoring :wink: (pleeeease)

#8 ·
Interseting fact that Lee is still there at the service desk, nearly 5 years !!

My experience over the last 6 weeks is an example of poor communications , I left them to it , and one return phone call took them a whole 7 days ??

I am now in dispute with them over the diagnosis and un-needed parts replaced .

Two weeks two and counting to come back to me and confirm tech info on prop alignment

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.