Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan navara outback 2007
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people
I’ve knackered the thread on my top chain guide, does anyone know what size it is and what size helicoil/thread repair I need

kind regards George

·
Super Moderator
253 Posts
I take it the bolt threads are intact and not stripped, measure the bolt with a vernier caliper across the threads you then have your bolt size then measure the thread pitch on the bolt with a thread pitch gauge, then with these two measurements you can determine what size helicoil kit you need it will come with drill bit, thread tap, the right thread pitch helicoil for your bolt and the helicoil insert tool

·
Super Moderator
336 Posts
As TRO says, you should be able to measure from the bolt still as the damaged female thread was probably aluminium. Metric threads measured at the bolt will be slightly under their nominal diameter. Yours will probably be an m8x1.25mm and the bolt will measure just under 8mm across the threads. If it is all trashed and you are not sure then please post a picture and I will measure the undamaged one in my garage and link to the correct helicoil kit you need to buy.

·
Registered
Nissan navara outback 2007
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys, I’ve decided to take it off the road for a couple weeks, so I have time to save some pennies up as moving and Xmas was expensive lol , and getting a duplex chain kit on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts