Nissan-Navara.net banner

5481 - 5500 of 5561 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently bought some STX chrome external mirrors with indicators , I removed the covers and sanded and repainted them Mat Black ,
Ive also coated all my black plastic around the Black Edition to stop the Black plastic from fading in the Hot Australian Sun

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice job on them mirrors, want to do mine but be buggered if I can work out how to remove the indicator.
You just cant remove the indicator , you have to remove the Mirror cap Here is an English video on how to remove it but be careful not to break the clips

·
Registered
180 Posts
You just cant remove the indicator , you have to remove the Mirror cap Here is an English video on how to remove it but be careful not to break the clips
[/QUOTE]

Mines a D40 and the indicators seem to be glued to the outside.... I could mask them I guess but I'd prefer to remove and paint as I hate masking lines.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Mines a D40 and the indicators seem to be glued to the outside.... I could mask them I guess but I'd prefer to remove and paint as I hate masking lines.
Check this post from Australia Asia Nissan How to remove D40 mirror caps
To remove the mirror

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, yeah I can remove the mirror without issue... my problem is removing the indicator, it has no fixings at all inside the mirror case, it is surface mounted to the outside with some extremely strong adhesive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Check this post from Australia Asia Nissan How to remove D40 mirror caps
To remove the mirror
Thanks, yeah I can remove the mirror without issue... my problem is removing the indicator, it has no fixings at all inside the mirror case, it is surface mounted to the outside with some extremely strong adhesive.

[/QUOTE]
Are you sure your mirrors are genuine , because I've looked on Ebay and all the D40 mirrors are set into the mirror housing ,personally ive never seen a mirror indicator glued onto the housing all the D40 mirrors on Ebay look like this one ,

·
Registered
84 Posts
Be interested to know what you get i use Celtic tuning got my 140 tiguan up to 193 so will be looking at the nav going there as well impressed and close to me

·
Registered
127 Posts
Il be remapping it myself at a realistic 225 tops and 370lb/ft I just done my other navara and got 200bhp can’t remember the lb/ft Celtic tuning always go way over board lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts

Just fitted this and levelled it all up what a pig that was now for the cables to turn up hopsully tomorrow, has anyone done a reverse camera them self’s wondering best way to run the wire to the trunk.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Funny you should say that about celtic i have had my tiguan on the dyno and it did hit 195 so they were just about spot on i was thinking really but they were right:)

·
Administrator
12,669 Posts

Just fitted this and levelled it all up what a pig that was now for the cables to turn up hopsully tomorrow, has anyone done a reverse camera them self’s wondering best way to run the wire to the trunk.

Looks good.

The radiator way to run a wire is under the carpet and out through the air vent at the left rear of the cabin. Then along the chassis.
The best place to mount the camera is on the tailgate, a bit harder work but worth it.

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
...has anyone done a reverse camera them self’s wondering best way to run the wire to the trunk....
Inside the cab you can exit cables through a vent behind the rear seats.

Or outside option, run out through the bulkhead and run to the rear via the frame/chassis.

Another option, as above, but run cable out though transmission tunnel, under the cup holder.

Plenty other options too probably.

5481 - 5500 of 5561 Posts