Nissan-Navara.net banner

5521 - 5540 of 5560 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Navara D23 Stealth
12 Posts
Going to be building myself a drawer system for the load bed utilising connect-it parts, so got a lot of the plastic parts delivered today. I'm just waiting for the 25mm square tubing to arrive.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Got the vibe under seat subwoofer going in tomorrow along with a reversing camera, so see how that goes to plan chasing wires !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Going to be building myself a drawer system for the load bed utilising connect-it parts, so got a lot of the plastic parts delivered today. I'm just waiting for the 25mm square tubing to arrive.
Threads and pics if you have time!

Got the vibe under seat subwoofer going in tomorrow along with a reversing camera, so see how that goes to plan chasing wires !!
As above!!

·
Registered
2020 Navara D23 Stealth
12 Posts
Will take photos as I go along and the put a thread together once it's near completion.

·
Registered
126 Posts
So yesterday didn’t go to plan I didn’t manage to do the jets the wire for the reverse camera was to short and I spent to hours to find a extender, after all of that I was left a little red wire guessing that goes to the reserve lead. As when I put this the the power on the stereo it puts the camera on, but I was this to go on and off when this is on reverse; I couldn’t find the reverse power wire anywhere, can anyone share some light on the easiest way to do this, my thinking was putting it on a switch or have to run the cable all the way back to the rear light again !!! Thanks again will upload some pics when all back together:

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
The reverse camera, could you please try to explain that wire issue again?

The camera can be switched with the reverse lights. If that's what you mean?

·
Registered
126 Posts
So the issue I have is we have solider the wire to the reverse light one end earth it, the other end we have a yellow av that I have put into the port at the back of the headunit now when I put it into reverse nothing happens !! I have one red wire left I’m guessing this has to go to a live when I put this into reverse to trigger the camera, iv tried putting this to a live and it turned the camera on, where is a live reverse wire to solider this onto, sorry if I haven’t explain this better, picture attached on the little camera also.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The idea of the red wire is that carries 12v from the reversing light bulb to the head unit.
So by the looks of this I would need to buy another single wire and run back from the headunit to the rear reverse light again surely this should have a come with the kit, the camera led lights work when in reverse just don’t come onto the screen till I put the red wire to a live behind the head unit, struggling to work it out unless I have to run the 12v feed all the way back to the light again they might as well.

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts

Just fitted this and levelled it all up what a pig that was now for the cables to turn up hopsully tomorrow, has anyone done a reverse camera them self’s wondering best way to run the wire to the trunk.

I found a small hole under a sticker under the central cup holder! Thread the wire threw that then from under the truck jumped it over to the chassis with some cable clips and self drilling pan head screws in the floor then tie wrapped it down the chassis to the back!
Of cause this means opening the hole wider or cutting the plug off the wire

·
Registered
126 Posts
I found a small hole under a sticker under the central cup holder! Thread the wire threw that then from under the truck jumped it over to the chassis with some cable clips and self drilling pan head screws in the floor then tie wrapped it down the chassis to the back!
Of cause this means opening the hole wider or cutting the plug off the wire
All fitted now, it’s like then have cut the 12v wire each end then to wire more cable on, where some camera wire have it attached all the way from av male to av male. Just means back under the truck I go.

·
Registered
126 Posts
So without running the 12v from the front to the rear light is there anywhere else to go from so when I select reverse it will trigger my screen I’m using a pumpkin headunit or I could just put a switch it.

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
There's a reverse switch on the gearbox just below the gear stick, drivers side, which is not easy to get.

Can't think of anything else really.

·
Registered
126 Posts
So rookie mistake fit the camera before I see it on the screen and now it is well to high, need to buy a adjustable one now or one that tilts down, but at least all the wires are cut soldered and tucked away, apart from that the red wire on its own just went to the reverse wire on the back of the head unit no need to run to the gearbox sensor or reverse light so that was all well and good.

S

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've installed a few reverse cameras/ monitors you have to connect the red active to the reverse socket and also connect the same to the camera /splice both together then run the AV with the red active to your head unit or monitor ,
Thanks mate everything is now sorted I’m no electrician so first job on fitting a reverse camera and stereo system, next step find a nice roll bar iv found this one I like the look of where I can take the window protectors off of I want to is this a good price ?

5521 - 5540 of 5560 Posts