Nissan-Navara.net banner

5581 - 5600 of 5635 Posts

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
Had a second key programmed today got key from ebay had it cut and programmed cost me £65 in total :)
Will it actually start your Navara as it needs the imobiliser chip which I thought could not be replicated. Just interested as was always told that was the case.

·
Registered
Navara d40 2011
92 Posts
Had window tints fitted today looking mean as hell . Also was meant to have the 52” curved lightbar installed . Purchased from LR CHALLENGE on eBay but the damn thing doesn’t even reach the bracket not long enough was looking forward to seeing that on!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,164 Posts
You could cut some tubular sleeves from the correct size of steel or alloy stock. Longer bolts to pick up the light bar. No problem.

Looking good.

·
Registered
Navara d40 2011
92 Posts
You could cut some tubular sleeves from the correct size of steel or alloy stock. Longer bolts to pick up the light bar. No problem.

Looking good.
If I could mate I would. I’m not really too much hands on like that . The fitters didn’t want to do any modifications on it . Guess I’ll have to see what lr challenge say . It’s weird because I’ve measured up the lightbar and it is 52” in the LR challenge picture the lightbar covers up some of the drivers piller . Don’t even reach on my pic 🤪🤣

Attachments

·
Registered
Navara d40 2011
92 Posts
Tried to see if the light bar fits as it Defo was 52” and it goes on !!! Cowboy fitters must not of wanted to do the job. Looks decent haven’t wired it up yet though
But I’ve had to change the wipers to a 22” and an 18” though as they were knocking and these were the custom brackets made for the d40 . I’ve placed 2 foam blocks on each edge of the light bar but it’s slightly knocking against the screen in the middle so I’ll have to put another under there too .

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,164 Posts
Good job!

You may find that you need to tilt the unit up anyway, clearing the screen and wipers. Seems to be pointing quite low. You'll see once it's powered.

·
Registered
2016 NP300
15 Posts
Today I towed for the first time with my NP300.
My Dad owns an exhaust manufacturing company and needed this lump taking back to a customer in an urgent manor... Needless to say I jumped at the chance to try the new (to me) truck out properly!
I was very happy with how it towed, never lacked power, plenty of pull and really good fuel economy once on the motorway!

·
Registered
Navara d40 2011
92 Posts
Today I towed for the first time with my NP300.
My Dad owns an exhaust manufacturing company and needed this lump taking back to a customer in an urgent manor... Needless to say I jumped at the chance to try the new (to me) truck out properly!
I was very happy with how it towed, never lacked power, plenty of pull and really good fuel economy once on the motorway!
View attachment 64445
View attachment 64446
Bet that was scary haha

·
Super Moderator
1,164 Posts
Today I towed for the first time with my NP300.....
Congrats, very well done too I'm sure!

I remember the D23 sagging when I hooked a load on. Brings back memories the first picture. If you plan to tow that triple axle trailer again in the future, I would strongly recommend that you took the major load off the hitch; allow the triple axles to take the weight and do their job and set it all up properly, for that particular trailer.

But, what is that interesting vehicle ON the trailer?! Has someone dropped a V8 into that...?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Gotten a little excited the last week or so with eBay ahhah look forward to transforming the vehicle can’t wait !
hahahha, am the same with mine !!

When that lift kit arrives if you don't mind could you post up the thickness of the front spacer. Just curious as its advertised as a 2.5" lift and one the weekend just gone I put 25mm thick spacers in mine but did not measure before and after how much it raised.... am guessing around 65mm given I now need to buy camber bolts !!

·
Registered
Navara d40 2011
92 Posts

When that lift kit arrives if you don't mind could you post up the thickness of the front spacer. Just curious as its advertised as a 2.5" lift and one the weekend just gone I put 25mm thick spacers in mine but did not measure before and after how much it raised.... am guessing around 65mm given I now need to buy camber bolts !!
I did go for the kit without the camber bolts which was cheaper but a member recommended this kit which was a bit more so I just went for that to save any hassle and having to come back to a garage to get more work done . I’ll measure it for you when it comes . Pretty sure the height doesn’t raise up by the size of the spacer though ... might be wrong

·
Super Moderator
1,164 Posts

Remember the compound angle of the control arms, gents, you will gain a lot more than the thickness of the spacer..

5581 - 5600 of 5635 Posts