Nissan-Navara.net banner

5601 - 5620 of 5631 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Remember the compound angle of the control arms, gents, you will gain a lot more than the thickness of the spacer..
Yeah I know. Just curious as to how much the 25mm thick spacer actually lifted it.. I would know how much if I remembered to measure before hand but I did not.

My ranger went up 40mm with the same 25mm spacer but my D40 "looks" to have gone up a fair bit more.

·
Super Moderator
1,164 Posts
I think the spacers which come with that kit are 42mm. Apparently resulting in 60 odd.

The D40 may have produced more than the Ranger with the same 25mm in your case. Would be an interesting comparison.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think the spacers which come with that kit are 42mm. Apparently resulting in 60 odd.

The D40 may have produced more than the Ranger with the same 25mm in your case. Would be an interesting comparison.
Yeah wish I remembered to measure it, defo went up more than I expected hence I now need to buy some camber bolts (and lift the bum up a tad).

·
Super Moderator
1,164 Posts
Yeah wish I remembered to measure it, defo went up more than I expected hence I now need to buy some camber bolts (and lift the bum up a tad).
We've all done that one I think, to some extent, in some area in life. As a young apprentice, I would often forget to take a certain measurement/reference/datum etc, which could result in the re-commissioning and setting of certain systems/machines. So if production was supposed to resume at a certain time, and all engineers had to be clear, but standing by, it could cause problems! So in the end, it probably taught me quicker!! Those were the days.

For sure, grab those camber adjustment bolts.
Are you just planning a slightly longer shackle on the back, or blocks maybe?

·
Registered
226 Posts
For sure, grab those camber adjustment bolts.
Are you just planning a slightly longer shackle on the back, or blocks maybe?
Shackles... ive noticed (here) they are sold as 6", 7", 8", 9" long.. not sure what relates to on raising the vehicle but only wanna go up 20mm so will grab the 6" and go from there.

·
Super Moderator
4,527 Posts
Shackles... ive noticed (here) they are sold as 6", 7", 8", 9" long.. not sure what relates to on raising the vehicle but only wanna go up 20mm so will grab the 6" and go from there.
The extended shackles generaly lift around half the lenght of the shackle

·
Registered
Navara d40 2011
85 Posts
Still learning about the suspension stuff read through the thread a couple times . What kit did you buy mate ?

·
Registered
Navara d40 2011
85 Posts
The suspension kit recommended mrw27 contains all of these so I’m glad he showed me it . Body lift from Milner praying the damn thing don’t break down after

• 2x T6 Billet Aluminium Strut Spacer
  • 2x Heavy Duty OEM style Extended Shackles
  • New Camber and Caster adjustment bolts
  • Upper Control Arm Bump stops

Always was busy installing the roll bar and wind deflectors today looking nice I think . Was going to spray it black but think it looks good chrome for now. Tyres came today buzzing 🙃

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,164 Posts
I think that's a solid plan. Compounded results again so you're probably right.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dont take offence , but that square canopy doesnt look like its part of you D23 , To me it looks like a square box plonked onto you tub

·
Registered
27 Posts
Today i installed a Provent filter to my np300 , it filters the crank case gasses and put clean air back into your intake manifold ,Over a period of time the sludge from the fumes builds up and clogs you intake manifold ,can save thousands in the long run ,showing the provent the installation and the fumes with the engine running and the tap to drain the canister,

·
Registered
Navara Outlaw - 2004
8 Posts
So I replaced the stock speakers, cleaned the rust off the towbar and repainted it, polished up the chrome, replaced my bumper, replaced the steering caps and joined this forum.

·
Registered
Navara d40 2011
85 Posts
Plasti dipped the grill today still not sure weather I like it or not . I re tinted the lights with a darker shade but it looked sooooo BAD so removed it lol the lighter tint was also wrapped the mirrors in black

Attachments

5601 - 5620 of 5631 Posts