Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's insurance renewal time and I've been with Adrian Flux for a year now. As part of my quote checking I gave them a ring because they hadn't got round to sending the renewal price, discussed my requirements and informed them of any changes. Last year they insisted that I insure my truck on a commercial policy, even though it is only for private use and I lost the provision for driving other peoples cars on my insurance with their permission etc. No biggie but but it had been handy in the past.

So I asked again about a private policy, this time it was a case of it being cost prohibitive, but they would quote as last year. I also rang Greenlight and A-Plan, neither seemed to have a problem covering me as I wanted and were around the same price over the phone, so made my choice and opted for Greenlight.

When I was sorting out proof of no claims, I noticed Adrian Flux had a price guarantee (Ts and Cs etc). I thought I'd give them the opportunity to beat my choice, and that's when I wished I'd never picked up the phone. After confirming the details of my new insurance, company, cover, excess and the price. I was firstly asked if I'd disclosed my claim made in the last 5 years, which I found offensive because the implication was that's how I'd beaten their quote. I was then asked why I wanted to buy and drive a pickup truck, to which I replied it was a free country and that I had a license to drive what I chose. When the quote eventually was given, it was close on £200 more expensive and I was told because this was due to it not being a like for like quote:scratch:, so the guarantee didn't stand:dunno. Anyway I said that on this occasion I wouldn't be renewing for obvious reasons. To which the young lady then decided to cast doubt on the terms of the new insurance, whether my no claims would stand, as my insurance with them was commercial and the new policy was private. Remind me incorrectly that my current insurance expired at midnight the next day, when it was mid day and that it was an offence not to have a correctly insured vehicle.

It seems to me that Adrian Flux have gone from being a good provider of insurance 15 or so years ago when I first used them, to what amounts to being bullies and bad losers, when they can't provide a competitive product. My final comment was that not only would I not be using them this time, but that I wouldn't use them ever in the future. They say they record telephone calls for training and security and I hope this is the case, because if they want to check what I'm saying is correct, it'll be on record.

Oh, just as a final comment. The young lady insisted on calling me Paul on several occasions in the call, including the last time she spoke. My name is Dave!!!

·
Administrator
11,909 Posts
They can be a bit random, saying that I have used them on and off for the last 30? odd years and have 2 vehicles with them now.

The best bet if you get a jobsworth operative is to hang up and ring again.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Ha, this sounds easy, there are lots of choices out there !

You try insuring a pickup and 5th wheel for up to 365 day fully comp in EU, with a rig beyond a certain replacement-cost value!

Misery.... Heartache... "A fifth-what? Sir, trucks usually have 4 or 6 wheels, that one must be your spare"; "Europe? You have to inform of us every trip you make, but is 2 weeks over there enough?"; "Does the caravan have an engine immobilizer, because any car with a tow-ball can steal it?"

The "keep trying" until someone who isn't the coffee boy answers is good advice....

But finally Camptons now do everything we need, and knew what we were talking about. Flux didn't want to know.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I take both your comments, I'm lucky it's only a truck and I could have hung up and tried again. But it's about time big concerns like Adrian Flux realise that slogans like "We treat you like an individual." and price match guarantees, mean nothing if you don't back them up.

Plus lies and attempted intimidation, when they can't compete really aren't the way to go.

Greenlight have provided a product which ticks all the boxes and was more than competitive in price. That's it for another year.:dance:

·
Registered
375 Posts
flux and a barge pole spring to mind

I had insurance with them many years ago and part of the policy was my car was not to street parked over night unless it was more than 1 mile form home

a fate full night parked outside a mates house about 1am a drunk driver hit mine and several other cars

Flux would not pay out as apparently my car was parked over night as their rules were past midnight it was classed as overnight, PLUS even though the driving distance was more than a mile from my home address and garage the accident was with in 1 mile radius on a Map,

·
Administrator
11,909 Posts
Ha, this sounds easy, there are lots of choices out there !

You try insuring a pickup and 5th wheel for up to 365 day fully comp in EU, with a rig beyond a certain replacement-cost value!

Misery.... Heartache... "A fifth-what? Sir, trucks usually have 4 or 6 wheels, that one must be your spare"; "Europe? You have to inform of us every trip you make, but is 2 weeks over there enough?"; "Does the caravan have an engine immobilizer, because any car with a tow-ball can steal it?"

The "keep trying" until someone who isn't the coffee boy answers is good advice....

But finally Camptons now do everything we need, and knew what we were talking about. Flux didn't want to know.
I would have enjoyed listening to those calls:partycheer:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I take both your comments, I'm lucky it's only a truck and I could have hung up and tried again. But it's about time big concerns like Adrian Flux realise that slogans like "We treat you like an individual." and price match guarantees, mean nothing if you don't back them up.

Plus lies and attempted intimidation, when they can't compete really aren't the way to go.

Greenlight have provided a product which ticks all the boxes and was more than competitive in price. That's it for another year.:dance:
Glad you were pleased with the policy and price offered. If you need anything at all throughout the year or want to add any modifications please dont hesitate to get in touch via PM and i'll take care of it personally.

Kind Regards
Neil
Greenlight

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad you were pleased with the policy and price offered. If you need anything at all throughout the year or want to add any modifications please dont hesitate to get in touch via PM and i'll take care of it personally.

Kind Regards
Neil
Greenlight
Thanks Neil, will do. ::awesomework

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've used A Flux on two occasions in the past. One to insure a Kit Car and the other to insure a delivery van I converted to a camper.

After getting some silly quotes back from the usual comparison sites ranging from £850 to 4K! I gave them a go, but they still couldn't get me fully comp insurance for less than 1200 quid! :(

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't understand AF...they sponsor quite a few forums I'm a member of but I've never once had a quote anywhere near their competitors for my car - it also takes ages on the phone to them to even get a quote.

I remember I was insured by them many moons ago and I had to complete forms a similar size to a phone book. I also remember them 'reminding' me that it was an offence not to have a correctly insured vehicle. :clown:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't know if Jackal &Trickyh are still looking for a decent quote, but Neil at Greenlight is worth a go and I've got to say so are A-plan. I've not said what they quoted, but both were under 500 quid for a 2012 3.0 V6 with engine mods, exhaust and wheels. 10000 a year mileage Sdp + commute to single workplace. Me wrong side of 50, 1 accident and 12 years protected ncb. Oh and both were private insurance, not commercial policies.:rockon

133 Posts
So it's insurance renewal time and I've been with Adrian Flux for a year now. As part of my quote checking I gave them a ring because they hadn't got round to sending the renewal price, discussed my requirements and informed them of any changes. Last year they insisted that I insure my truck on a commercial policy, even though it is only for private use and I lost the provision for driving other peoples cars on my insurance with their permission etc. No biggie but but it had been handy in the past.

So I asked again about a private policy, this time it was a case of it being cost prohibitive, but they would quote as last year. I also rang Greenlight and A-Plan, neither seemed to have a problem covering me as I wanted and were around the same price over the phone, so made my choice and opted for Greenlight.

When I was sorting out proof of no claims, I noticed Adrian Flux had a price guarantee (Ts and Cs etc). I thought I'd give them the opportunity to beat my choice, and that's when I wished I'd never picked up the phone. After confirming the details of my new insurance, company, cover, excess and the price. I was firstly asked if I'd disclosed my claim made in the last 5 years, which I found offensive because the implication was that's how I'd beaten their quote. I was then asked why I wanted to buy and drive a pickup truck, to which I replied it was a free country and that I had a license to drive what I chose. When the quote eventually was given, it was close on £200 more expensive and I was told because this was due to it not being a like for like quote:scratch:, so the guarantee didn't stand:dunno. Anyway I said that on this occasion I wouldn't be renewing for obvious reasons. To which the young lady then decided to cast doubt on the terms of the new insurance, whether my no claims would stand, as my insurance with them was commercial and the new policy was private. Remind me incorrectly that my current insurance expired at midnight the next day, when it was mid day and that it was an offence not to have a correctly insured vehicle.

It seems to me that Adrian Flux have gone from being a good provider of insurance 15 or so years ago when I first used them, to what amounts to being bullies and bad losers, when they can't provide a competitive product. My final comment was that not only would I not be using them this time, but that I wouldn't use them ever in the future. They say they record telephone calls for training and security and I hope this is the case, because if they want to check what I'm saying is correct, it'll be on record.

Oh, just as a final comment. The young lady insisted on calling me Paul on several occasions in the call, including the last time she spoke. My name is Dave!!!
Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear this. All our calls are recorded so If you'd like to PM me some details I'd be happy to look into this for you.

Kind Regards
Dan

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for trying us and for the nice mention in your comments :)

We have some great deals on Pick-up's and understand that a lot of people like to use them for leisure.

Being a young lad in the 80's I always wanted a pick up myself. purely because Lee Majors was so cool in the Fall Guy :)

If anyone needs a quote, then we have a forum only number on 01635-879905.

All the best
Dan
A-Plan

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Dan
If you'd like to send me a PM with the details you require and discuss this further, I'd be happy to hear from you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Don't know if Jackal &Trickyh are still looking for a decent quote, but Neil at Greenlight is worth a go and I've got to say so are A-plan. I've not said what they quoted, but both were under 500 quid for a 2012 3.0 V6 with engine mods, exhaust and wheels. 10000 a year mileage Sdp + commute to single workplace. Me wrong side of 50, 1 accident and 12 years protected ncb. Oh and both were private insurance, not commercial policies.:rockon
Thanks Dave,

It was actually for my modified Scooby rather than the truck which I've just renewed another year with Keith Michaels :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks Badger. I had to go Multicar on my Mrs's insurance to get cover.. I think we'll both be up for renewal in October, so I'll give Neil a go then..

Ironically I can get fully comp insurance on a nr 1600cc motorcycle for £70, but a bog standard pick up goes into stratosphere!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear this. All our calls are recorded so If you'd like to PM me some details I'd be happy to look into this for you.

Kind Regards
Dan
Hi Dan
If you'd like to send me a PM with the details you require and discuss this further, I'd be happy to hear from you.

Way too many Dan's out there, sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for taking the time to Pm me and we will chat next year.

All the very best

Dan
A-Plan
Just realised, there are way too many Dan's out there, but thanks for getting in touch and explaining what happened. I always have a check to see what people are offering and will get in touch next year.:wink2:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts