Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm just doing some work under my 2009 D40 and trying to get a few jobs done.
Whilst in the process of removing the old exhaust to fit a new Stainless one from Cybox the two bolts holding the front exhaust rubber mounting bracket sheared off!...... I used an impact driver when I should have worked them manually with a socket and plenty of PlusGas (I managed to get all the others off intact thankfully!)
Whilst looking to drill out and apply some heat to the broken bolts I noticed that behind the cross member and running forward down the inner right hand chassis rail (drivers side) there is what looks like just a loop of plastic coated metal fuel pipe! It doesn't seem to go anywhere, just from the tank, across the cross member and then behind a metal cover (very rusty, that bolts to the top of the chassis arm - a pig to get off!), then just into a loop!
I wondered what it is for? I read about a 'Fuel Cooler' but this doesn't seem that useful (no coils or fins anywhere!)
Didn't want to apply heat with this line behind the bolts (the captive nuts came off in the end whilst hitting the bolts with a punch so I'll have to use through bolts anyway now!)
Sorry, no pictures at the moment as it's now wet and cold outside but could get some tomorrow if needed!
thanks
Chris

·
Administrator
4,937 Posts
Fuel cooler?
I can understand a fuel heater but would think diesels run better with warmer/ more fluid fuel? Obviously you don't want it super hot but realistically how warm can it get?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses guys,
No, no cooler box unit that I can see, or anything with fins on it that looks like it would serve a cooling/heat transfer process, just a loop of pipe! I'll try and get some photos tomorrow. It's got me perplexed as to what it can be for.
I also wondered just how much use a fuel cooler would be in the UK.
Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts