Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i have a few question that i could do with some help with i have a navara np300 2016 , i am wanting to put some diffrent wheels and m/t tyres on does anyone know whats the biggest size i could fit without scrubbing , thanks

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
that made sense a few years back but these days the bigger rim sizes have some good tyres available, there were D40s that had 16s but most I think were 17s and couldn't take the 16s due to Brake fouling

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
If there's one thing that confuses me, it's tyres!

I've got the NP300 with the standard 18" rims. What is the biggest tyre I can go up to with out any modifications (no lifts, no trimming etc).
I'm still undecided whether to stick with a road tyre (like factory fitted), or whether to go AT.
The majority of my driving is road based, with a high percentage being motorway. If I'm honest, my main reason for wanting AT is for the look.

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
I would agree that ATs look better on the truck.

A few downsides in that they can hit fuel consumption and are a bit louder. What I really noticed going back to premium SUV tyres is how poor the ATs are in terms of grip. Both cornering and braking.

I would never go back to ATs unless I needed to go off road a lot.

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
I would agree that ATs look better on the truck.

A few downsides in that they can hit fuel consumption and are a bit louder. What I really noticed going back to premium SUV tyres is how poor the ATs are in terms of grip. Both cornering and braking.

I drove into the city today for the first time in a while, in the rain. With my BFG KO2s on, accelerating from red lights across the white lines and bike boxes gave me wheel spin every time. Roundabouts were similarly adventurous. Never enough for the stability control to intervene but enough to be a bit concerning.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts

I drove into the city today for the first time in a while, in the rain. With my BFG KO2s on, accelerating from red lights across the white lines and bike boxes gave me wheel spin every time. Roundabouts were similarly adventurous. Never enough for the stability control to intervene but enough to be a bit concerning.
The fuel consumption doesn't concern me, but the noise does. More more importantly, the handling is a massive factor. And you've confirmed what I was thinking. Looks like I'll be sticking to road tyres then.

I currently have 255/60/18 Conti Cross Contact LX2's. They're what were fitted when I bought the truck, so I presume they're standard.
1. Do you think bigger road tyres would give 'the look' although, compromised? Or do I stick with the same size?
2. Do I stick with the Conti's at £145 a go, or can you recommend anything else?

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
The fuel consumption doesn't concern me, but the noise does. More more importantly, the handling is a massive factor. And you've confirmed what I was thinking. Looks like I'll be sticking to road tyres then.

I currently have 255/60/18 Conti Cross Contact LX2's. They're what were fitted when I bought the truck, so I presume they're standard.

1. Do you think bigger road tyres would give 'the look' although, compromised? Or do I stick with the same size?

2. Do I stick with the Conti's at £145 a go, or can you recommend anything else?

Thanks guys

The look is largely achieved by the shoulder blocks and side walls. Some HT look better than others. Some AT are very road biased and a good quality set of road-biased AT are probably just as effective as an average set of HT.

Something like the Toyo Open Country AT2, Bridgestone Dueler D693 or D694, or Dunlop AT3G are examples of road-biased AT tyres that might achieve the look you want (especially with white lettering):

The Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure is one of the most versatile ATs out there and might hit the right look without too much on road compromise:

If you're going to go HT, which is probably the sensible choice, then you want to go as wide as you can, maybe white side wall lettering, and smile to yourself whenever you're not turning the radio up five notches on the motorway.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
If you're going to go HT, which is probably the sensible choice, then you want to go as wide as you can, maybe white side wall lettering, and smile to yourself whenever you're not turning the radio up five notches on the motorway.
I think this is the way to go. So how wide can I go without any modification? Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
You can definitely go to 275 without issue and probably 285.
Going by 275, I've found the Bridgestone Dueler H/T 684. They're rated the same as the standard as far as noise, efficiency and load. They're even a similar price. But they only have a H speed rating as opposed to the current T.

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Going by 275, I've found the Bridgestone Dueler H/T 684. They're rated the same as the standard as far as noise, efficiency and load. They're even a similar price. But they only have a H speed rating as opposed to the current T.

I can't advise you on what's legal for you, other than that H rated tyres are good for 130mph and T are good for 118mph - H is actually a higher rating.

The order goes L M N P Q R S T U H V W Y.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Hi guys i have a few question that i could do with some help with i have a navara np300 2016 , i am wanting to put some diffrent wheels and m/t tyres on does anyone know whats the biggest size i could fit without scrubbing , thanks

We went with standard Nissan wheels but the black versions, they really dont advertise these well at all!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 68 Posts