Nissan-Navara.net banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
let me throw a crve ball in i had the AT2 version of this tyre on my Jeep and it was excellent has the snowflake symbol as well and do really well in the snow and general offroad use no good for deep mud though like all ATs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-TYRE-G...132840&hash=item3f8059ff11:g:h5UAAOSwal5YEM0C

That was also on my shortlist. Don't really know how I narrowed it down to the Coopers.

Edit: Chose the Coopers as they're quieter.

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse brevity and mistakes.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Ordered Cooper Discoverer AT3 Sport in 265/60/18 from my local fitter.

They could supply and fit them for £50 less than just buying them from eBay! Due Friday. :thumbleft:

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Wheel & Tyres NP300

So, tomorrow, I will have had my new tyres on for two weeks.

They're Cooper Discoverer AT3 Sports in 265/60 R18 with the white lettering. I wanted some chunkier/more rugged looking tyres but didn't want to lose too much of the comfort/control of the Conti's originally supplied on the truck as I do 95% of my driving on tarmac.

The AT3 Sports aren't as rugged as I would have liked (although they're chunkier than they look in the photo), but they are definitely a decent compromise. I haven't noticed any difference in road noise, in fact, they are rated at 72dB, just like the factory fitted Conti's. As for comfort, I can tell the difference, but my wife can't, so it can't be that major. In fact, I'm probably being overly sensitive to the change because I was expecting one. I've been using them on both wet and dry roads, as well as wet and dry gravel/farm tracks, and they've performed brilliantly.

£500 got me four tyres, fully fitted, from my local fitter. That's £30 cheaper than I could find them just supplied online. Then the fitter knocked off the £20 I'd paid for a repair on one of the Conti's the previous week. So really happy with the deal!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
So, tomorrow, I will have had my new tyres on for two weeks.

They're Cooper Discoverer AT3 Sports in 265/60 R18 with the white lettering. I wanted some chunkier/more rugged looking tyres but didn't want to lose too much of the comfort/control of the Conti's originally supplied on the truck as I do 95% of my driving on tarmac.

The ST3 Sports aren't as rugged as I would have liked (although they're chunkier than they look in the photo), but they are definitely a decent compromise. I haven't noticed any difference in road noise, in fact, they are rated at 72dB, just like the factory fitted Conti's. As for comfort, I can tell the difference, but my wife can't, so it can't be that major. In fact, I'm probably being overly sensitive to the change because I was expecting one. I've been using them on both wet and dry roads, as well as wet and dry gravel/farm tracks, and they've performed brilliantly.

£500 got me four tyres, fully fitted, from my local fitter. That's £30 cheaper than I could find them just supplied online. Then the fitter knocked off the £20 I'd paid for a repair on one of the Conti's the previous week. So really happy with the deal!

I was musing about achieving the right look this morning and took some pics for you to consider.

One is my Nav, with its stock 255/70-16 size in a BFG AT KO2. The other is my camper, with a 31x10.50-15 Goodyear Wrangler AT/SA.

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Tire Vehicle Rim

Tire Synthetic rubber Automotive tire Wheel Alloy wheel

See how much chunkier the Goodyear looks, even with a less aggressive tyre?

Both of this are 31" diameter wheel/tyre combinations. Converted to metric, the Goodyear is a 265/75-15, so it's only 10mm wider. I can fit 265/70-16s and match the width. You've matched it with your 18s.

So that means the chunky looks are mostly down to reducing the size (literally and perceptively) of the wheel. Reducing my rim by 1" and painting it black, basically.

Imagine going to 16" black steel wheels on yours...

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
@JDO That was a route I considered. But cost was also a factor so didn't want to have to fork out for both tyres and wheels.

Happy with my current setup. I'll look at it again next time around.

Thanks for all your advice no the subject previously. :thumbleft:

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
@JDO That was a route I considered. But cost was also a factor so didn't want to have to fork out for both tyres and wheels.

Happy with my current setup. I'll look at it again next time around.

Thanks for all your advice no the subject previously. :thumbleft:

Glad you're liking the Coopers. They're a great choice.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi, Just about tp change my tyres and was looking at the 265/60/18's. I have standard stock wheels like yours. Can I presume you don't have any problems with the wider, taller tyres and did the 265's go on the 7" rim ok as all the ones i have looked as recommend a 7.5" rim.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Hi, Just about tp change my tyres and was looking at the 265/60/18's. I have standard stock wheels like yours. Can I presume you don't have any problems with the wider, taller tyres and did the 265's go on the 7" rim ok as all the ones i have looked as recommend a 7.5" rim.

No problems with the bigger tyres at all. My tyres are recommended for 7.5" rim too, but my fitter said it'd be fine. I think it's just down to whether your fitters are happy to fit the wider tyres.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Thanks for that. I was going to go for the BF Goodrich but may just have a look at the ones you have as they appear to do the job just fine. Cheers

Nowhere near as rugged as the BFG's but a better compromise on road.

The best price I found was a set of 4 new ones on eBay for about £530 delivered. But speak to your local fitter, they might do them cheaper.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thinking about fitting 255/70R18 Nokian Rotiiva AT tires.

These would be extending 20mm further than 265/60R18 in the wheel arch.
Has somebody already done this?

Or is there somebody with 265/60R18 that thinks it's possible?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys
Just bought a 2019 Navara N-Guard and was wondering what’s the biggest tyre I can put on it with out jacking and modifying the body?? It’s got the standard N-Guard wheels but was thinking of just getting some steel wheels and tyre combo.
cheers
Stu

41 - 60 of 68 Posts