Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took out a D40 Double-cab outlaw for a test drive this afternoon.
Everything was fine with the exception of the air con - it kept making these horrid wheezing noises intermittently.

Is this normal? Or was i driving a duffer?

Would appreciate some input as i've just plumped for an Aventura, in black, for March delivery - want to make sure this is a noise i will not become familiar with :)

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
yep they all hiss like that because it constantly cuttting in/out to keep the cab dry, you can turn it off, b cab will get damp.

Trn up the radio or drive faster ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the same problem and insisted that they fix it at the shop. Had 5 guys trying to solve the problem but in the end was told that it is "normal' for the D40's aircon.
Wonder if the buzzing make Nav drivers more aggressive...

·
Registered
6 Posts
A/C Noise

I picked up my Outlaw on the 1st March and have tested my a/c quite a few times after reading this thread, also I am a refrigeration engineer and over the years I come across alot systems that hiss badly on initial start up but then quiten down after a while. Unfortunatly this hiss cannot allways be stopped, but on some systems it can be greatly reduced by recovering the gas and evacuating the system for a few hours at max vac and recharging with new R134a gas to the exact amount and not a gram more. the point being that it is possible that a the factory the system was not evacuated correctly and maybe leaving some air in the system, our maybe overcharging / undercharging the system.
The fact is that not every system is noisey. and mine is luckily hardly noticable.
Food for thought
Barrie

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the postings

I'm picking my D40 up next week (only 6 days to go :) )
I'll keep an ear out for what it sounds like.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, mine hisses too, has done since new, dealer says normal :(

·
Registered
78 Posts
It seems to be a fan issue more than A/C. If I switch off the A/C then the noise is still there. Gets louder if increasing the fan speed. :x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts