Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My headlamp high beam and flash now dont work (not HIDS, they are out just now, still not refitted them after getting a replacement bulb).

Just checked the 3 pin plug at the back of the headlight which is not showing anything on High beam. Looked for fuses, nothing to be found.

Looked at the service manual and the power is part of the can-bus system and so needs to go to Nissan. Bloody great!

Unless of course anyone knows any difference?

Steve

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, panic over!!

The fuse for main beams (2 seperate 10a) ones are in a third fuse box that isnt listed in the handbook but is listed in the service manual.

Thank god for that, couldnt imagine driving with no high beams for 26 weeks until I could get an appointment with Nissan!!

Steve

G

·
yup - thats the one I found as well - located just behind the ABS pump thingy, left side of the engine bay. pig to open?

Guy

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
guydewdney said:
yup - thats the one I found as well - located just behind the ABS pump thingy, left side of the engine bay. pig to open?

Guy
Yes, there was a few choice words said when I was trying to get into it.

It was actually my fault the fuses blew anyway, I was doing something I shouldnt of been so all my own making!!

Steve

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am a newbie to this club only joined last week :roll:

I just read the problem on this page and it is something that has been getting on my nerves for nearly six months,
my main beam blew last year after messing about fitting spots I looked for the fuse that had gone with no result , spoke to a few different garages and they had no info so went NISSAN :x :x I told them the fault and their answer was to book it in for 1 hour and charge me a fortune .

I just read what you guys had found went and had go myself and like magic I have got main beam :partycheer: :partycheer: :partycheer: :partycheer: :partycheer: :partycheer: :partycheer: :partycheer: :partycheer: :partycheer: :partycheer: :partycheer: :partycheer: :partycheer:

THANKYOU :cheers2: :cheers2:

This club ROCKS :dance: :dance:

·
Premium Member
13,825 Posts
Bit of a result then!
Welcome to the site! :clappy: :thumbleft:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and I have just had an email telling me this thread had been updated, I aint even got a Navara now, lol.

Glad to of helped though!!

How did you blow your main beams anyway? I did it by connecting the power cable to the bulb while IGN was on and main beam was on, maybe causing a surge as it was connected.

Ooops.

Steve (still in Skoda land but may one day return to Navara Land)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks again Tomo, :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:

They blew by me being lazy and not fitting a relay for my 100w spots :oops: :oops: :oops: and as soon as I was done I turned them on and BANG :twisted: :twisted: won't make that mistake again

cheers :cheers2:
Jon

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just found this forum this morning after having a electric fault with my rear side lights, due to breaking the towing socket. All the simptoms pointed to a fuse and spend yesterday with my mechanic trying to locate falut. had it on computer diagnostic and doing things the old way checking all visable fuses and light bulbs, tracing the loom for faults or a hidden fuse under body.

Nissan dealership told us twice that there is only two fuse boxes under the bonnet and it would have to come in to have there mecanics have a look.

After reading your Q&A over a bit of toast and a cup of tea this morning found the said box and sorted the problem in 10mins.

thanks once again :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Oh yeah that fuse box, I spent a hour on a hire D40 I was driving trying to find the F%^&*(g fuse box that had the rear tail light fuse.

What a stupid idea.

D22 electrical system is heaps better.

Dave.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Why cant they just use a bloody fuse? Oh,they did,found

I know I'm resurrecting an old post but thanks very much for putting the details of that bloody fuse box up.

I had a similar problem with only driver's side high beam not working (all other lights good). Spent ages looking for the problem before resorting to the internets. I found this post and ten minutes later (it's a ******* to get to) it's all fixed.

:cheers:

I can't believe that's it's not in the manual! I spent ages trying to work out how the lights could possibly be wired 'cause I couldn't find any fuse for 'em.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts