Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today after everything iv done I fort I’d treat her to some screen wash as she’s been empty since I got her, the light washers pop up and work but the screen washer only spray for half a second and then stop, even if I keep the right stalk pulled back I hear the pump but just no more water, if I take off for 3 seconds and pull back again I get a tiny squirt from both jets same amount from both as well. Is this common I have read about leaks where would they normally leak ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
12,669 Posts
It's normally a load of gunge in the tank.
You have to take the drivers side inner wheel arch off to access it.

A capfull of bleach can often cure it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's normally a load of gunge in the tank.
You have to take the drivers side inner wheel arch off to access it.

A capfull of bleach can often cure it.
Thanks landmannn il put a capful of bleach into the tank later would u make sure the tank is full or empty 1st, don’t no if it makes a difference but one light jet gets stuck up and have to push it down softly. Il leave the bleach in over night see if it does anything.

·
Administrator
12,669 Posts
At least half full. I would drive it around for a few minutes to give it a mix.
It might work, certainly easier than taking the inner wheel arch off.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the bleach didn’t work as it was half filled I done a cap then filled to the top and done another cap, so what’s the crack with fixing this problem, If it was blocked with gunk wouldn’t this stop any from coming out, it sprays then stops then I have to wait about 5 seconds before it sprays a little bit more out !! Don’t fancy keeping the bleach in there don’t want it ruining my paintwork/ wrap so il try empty tomorrow is there anything to do while I’m under the arch ?

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
You would be surprised at the strange symptoms dirt in the washer system can have.

I've seen washers do some weird things. So strange that in the past, I've stupidly blamed things other than simple filth.

Apart from cleaning everything that removal of the arch exposes, not much to do in there except a right decent look at things in a preventative maintenance fashion. Look for anything which seems suspect, check everything you see, get hands on.

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
As for your headlight pop up washer which is sticking - try some silicone lube spray. Just the basic silicone spray. It's clean unlike oil, and really slippy. Also use it for windows, really helps them glide a little better in the seals.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As for your headlight pop up washer which is sticking - try some silicone lube spray. Just the basic silicone spray. It's clean unlike oil, and really slippy. Also use it for windows, really helps them glide a little better in the seals.
Iv got some Gt85 somewhere in the garage il give that a little spray in there see if that helps, as for the washer bottle il give that a drain and try get a air can and blow as much out as I can, il see if I can get my self hold of a air gun and blow from the nozzle back up through to the tank see if this helps. Thanks for your help and advise as always.

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
GT85 would be ok, but could be messy on paintwork. That being said, it should work fine!

Remember to blow out the jets themselves, with an airline, before you start stripping the bottle out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GT85 would be ok, but could be messy on paintwork. That being said, it should work fine!

Remember to blow out the jets themselves, with an airline, before you start stripping the bottle out.
That’s a good shout just incase it’s as easy as that lol do they have a non return valve or if I black back all the grit and dirt should go back to the tank, il just leave a hose in the tank and clear as much bleach and **** out as I can if it clears !! Anyway nice one guys job for today or possibly weekend when I do camera and subs as weather is bad today, also have ordered new 6x9 speakers and a black Nissan roll bar

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Take them off and blow through them! Be very careful when removing them, the tube underneath can be difficult to get back if it comes off. You may have to strip some things down to retrieve it.

Sorry, I was seriously unclear before.

Yeah, that's exactly it. If it works. just run the hose to overflow the tank and rinse.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Take them off and blow through them! Be very careful when removing them, the tube underneath can be difficult to get back if it comes off. You may have to strip some things down to retrieve it.

Sorry, I was seriously unclear before.

Yeah, that's exactly it. If it works. just run the hose to overflow the tank and rinse.
Mrw27 well iv done the easy step iv taken out both jets and they seem fine both pipes stop at the same time once disconnected, so I’m now guessing it will be at the pump filter, I don’t think I should blow air from the jet pipe as I’m guessing this could pop pipes off as I’m sure this would have a non return valve somewhere along the line, so tomorrow I’m going to strip the arch liner out, straight forward enough just need to find a jack , wheel off, arch liner off then what, just pull everything apart and clean and then run clean hose water through the system. Cheers guys it’s the little things that annoy me

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Ah, that's a shame.

Indeed, pump/hose inspection next. It is strange that the headlight washers work fine though, This suggests hose issue rather than pump/supply.

Yeah, wise. Don't blow the air line down the hoses.

·
Administrator
12,669 Posts
There's a separate pump for the headlights washers, so the headlight washer pump is probably ok.

Actually, while you are dismantling, it might be worth disconnecting the headlight washer pump. I have never seen any evidence that a squirt of water on a dirty headlight makes any difference, apart from wasting fluid.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ah, that's a shame.

Indeed, pump/hose inspection next. It is strange that the headlight washers work fine though, This suggests hose issue rather than pump/supply.

Yeah, wise. Don't blow the air line down the hoses.
Doing a bit of reading I’m sure the light washers have a separate pump and not used for both, il have a go tomorrow better that the wheel don’t have to come off them wheels and tires need jacking up loads to get them off the floor, can I ask what you guys normally do to stop rubbing on the arches ? Or heat gun ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There's a separate pump for the headlights washers, so the headlight washer pump is probably ok.

Actually, while you are dismantling, it might be worth disconnecting the headlight washer pump. I have never seen any evidence that a squirt of water on a dirty headlight makes any difference, apart from wasting fluid.
Yes totally right, it’s annoying when it sprays all over my nicely polished truck, plus one of my light washers don’t go down I have to push it down on its own, mind you when disconnecting will this still push up the jet or is this done just on pressure ? Thanks landmann for your input again, it seems navara always have something to work on.

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Ah, ok. So still a chance it could be the windscreen washer pump.

I am afraid neither of my D40s are fancy enough to have headlight washers!

I have never seen any evidence that a squirt of water on a dirty headlight makes any difference, apart from wasting fluid.
Only in my wildest imagination can I think of a use for these; if you were following someone closely, off road, on a splattery muddy track or something, in the dark!!
Different if they had wipers too, maybe a use for them then on a salty spray road, who knows.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ah, ok. So still a chance it could be the windscreen washer pump.

I am afraid neither of my D40s are fancy enough to have headlight washers!

Only in my wildest imagination can I think of a use for these; if you were following someone closely, off road, on a splattery muddy track or something, in the dark!!
Different if they had wipers too, maybe a use for them then on a salty spray road, who knows.
I wouldn’t say it was the pump as the pump is still making the noise when I keep it pulled back. Plus it is spraying up a bid then stops then I have to wait for more pressure for it to do it again I think it’s that gunk up it takes ages to pass the gunk and get in the pipes again, I’m hoping a clean will sort it anyway.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts