Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to put back that three loose cables ,not sure in which slot ,was able to out stereo on with three loose cables plugged in in the right top three slots ,but there was no sound and I also experience battery issues ,please help and advice
☮ DT

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,184 Posts
Hello, DT, welcome.

I am sure someone on D22 side will jump in here soon.

Surprised there is nothing online, or even on here....!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx.i spent half a day online yesterday , blokes from Repco and Autobarn could not help.
Thx

·
Super Moderator
1,184 Posts
Wow, sounds like you're at a dead end for the moment. Let's still hope someone here has direct experience of the wiring and is able to help remotely.

Alas, if I was there I'd have it sorted for you.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Trying to put back that three loose cables ,not sure in which slot ,was able to out stereo on with three loose cables plugged in in the right top three slots ,but there was no sound and I also experience battery issues ,please help and advice
☮ DT
Just replaced the old stereo with a s/h head unit and your plug doesn't look like any of mine but usually wires of the same colour or unbanned are speakers, on mine a thai 2009 which has four speakers wired you should be able to google the colour codes for your radio but the only wires I have used from the OEM loom/harness is a yellow which is battery, red which is acc and green which is illumination all the others are matching solid pairs for speakers, I didn't use these as my speakers go direct to an Amp.
I do have a harness that was plugged into my main harness which has colours like your plug which are two solid greens which I presume are for a single speaker the it has a solid white which I presume is a positive and the other wire is a white with black stripe and presume that is negative.
If you can google your radio to find that colour code you then need to go to the vehicle harness plug and test all the wires coming from the harness first with sign off to find the main battery positive then turn key to acc and find another positive, then turn ign off and turn parkers on which may give you a positive for illumination which may or may not be needed for your radio.
The radio will actually run off the battery positive (needs fuse) but may need to switch on with the acc wire find neg last by using positive to other wires with a multimeter of course.
Just for interest what year is your vehicle as may be able to find colour code.
☮ DT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts