Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,

Recently purchased this truck and have only diriven about two weeks, I had a recent problem where my Navara wouldn't rev over about 2000 RPM and was really struggling to accelerate...managed to get it to a diagnostics and the error code was P0340 - CMP sensor.

Got a replacement from Nissan and after replacing and test driving 2 other error codes showed up, P0327 or P0237 and P2161? I don't have theses memorised, but one was showing turbo circuit and the other was TN? Sorry, should have noted at the time...

The mechanic doesn't believe that both of these sensors could have gone bad at the same time and still show a bad CMP sensor as well - after replacement, it still shows bad.

His opinion was the wiring loom, which after inspection, has signs that someone had cut and spliced the wires together - for what reason, who knows.

He has tried to locate the full wiring loom for the engine and first received a loom for a manual transmission, my truck is an automatic. Speaking to a couple of people, there are differences between the looms, so it has to fit an automatic. I am waiting to see if he has been able to source it, but thought in the meantime I would check here.

Is there anyone out there who know which loom(s) will fit - I have seen that a lot of parts for the Navara also fit the X-Trail and Pathfinder models as well....and they have the same engine, so an assumption is being made that they could also fit the navara... can anyone confirm this or spare some knowledge?

Can someone recommend a good source for spare parts? The truck is in Jamaica, but parts can be sourced / delivered in England or the USA and forwarded on to me.

And final question, is there a way to source the build info / factory codes for this truck with the VIN ? Directly through NIssan? or is there another way?

The truck is a 2007 Nissan Navara 4x4 2.5 DCI Aventura (VIN check shows it as an SE Model) (D40) YD25DDTi, RHD, UK Spec.
Production date 05.2007
Squish VIN: VSKCVND4U0

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Harvey

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi to all,

Recently purchased this truck and have only diriven about two weeks, I had a recent problem where my Navara wouldn't rev over about 2000 RPM and was really struggling to accelerate...managed to get it to a diagnostics and the error code was P0340 - CMP sensor.

Got a replacement from Nissan and after replacing and test driving 2 other error codes showed up, P0327 or P0237 and P2161? I don't have theses memorised, but one was showing turbo circuit and the other was TN? Sorry, should have noted at the time...

The mechanic doesn't believe that both of these sensors could have gone bad at the same time and still show a bad CMP sensor as well - after replacement, it still shows bad.

His opinion was the wiring loom, which after inspection, has signs that someone had cut and spliced the wires together - for what reason, who knows.

He has tried to locate the full wiring loom for the engine and first received a loom for a manual transmission, my truck is an automatic. Speaking to a couple of people, there are differences between the looms, so it has to fit an automatic. I am waiting to see if he has been able to source it, but thought in the meantime I would check here.

Is there anyone out there who know which loom(s) will fit - I have seen that a lot of parts for the Navara also fit the X-Trail and Pathfinder models as well....and they have the same engine, so an assumption is being made that they could also fit the navara... can anyone confirm this or spare some knowledge?

Can someone recommend a good source for spare parts? The truck is in Jamaica, but parts can be sourced / delivered in England or the USA and forwarded on to me.

And final question, is there a way to source the build info / factory codes for this truck with the VIN ? Directly through NIssan? or is there another way?

The truck is a 2007 Nissan Navara 4x4 2.5 DCI Aventura (VIN check shows it as an SE Model) (D40) YD25DDTi, RHD, UK Spec.
Production date 05.2007

Harvey
Hi to all,

Production date 05.2007

Harvey
Update to post:
I believe the part no. is 240124X41E from what I can source online, but the part itself seems to be hard to find...

·
Super Moderator
336 Posts
If he's changing components based on fault codes alone things are going to get expensive quickly. It's very easy to determine wiring integrity prior to replacing a sensor and your mechanic should have done this. The wiring loom goes above the gearbox and some of the connectors on the right hand side of the engine are impossible to access without stripping components from that side.

Essentially replacing the wiring loom is going to be an expensive job. Far more expensive than repairing a couple of cables which should be 'bread and butter' to any decent vehicle technician.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If he's changing components based on fault codes alone things are going to get expensive quickly. It's very easy to determine wiring integrity prior to replacing a sensor and your mechanic should have done this. The wiring loom goes above the gearbox and some of the connectors on the right hand side of the engine are impossible to access without stripping components from that side.

Essentially replacing the wiring loom is going to be an expensive job. Far more expensive than repairing a couple of cables which should be 'bread and butter' to any decent vehicle technician.
Hi garybee,
The fact that the wiring harness had been cut and spliced was only seen after the fact...whoever had their fingers in the truck before had taped everything up with electrical tape.

There are several wires that have been cut and this is why replacement over repair has been implemented.

·
Administrator
13,996 Posts
Hi to all,

Production date 05.2007

Harvey
Welcome to the forum.

I would suggest contacting Thornton's Breakers in Halifax (UK) and getting s secondhand one. Plenty of terminally rusted D40s in the UK.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum.

I would suggest contacting Thornton's Breakers in Halifax (UK) and getting s secondhand one. Plenty of terminally rusted D40s in the UK.
Thanks Landmann,
will see what the mechanic is able to do and try them if he is unsuccessful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts