Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all
I had a warning light about key fob batteries being low yesterday (white text on the info screen).
Then, when leaving the vehicle I knocked the rotary headlight switch with my knee (it's in such an awkward place, and the design also means there's a "sticky-out" bit on the rotary switch, which I periodically catch with my right knee) which meant it was accidentally left with the sidelights on all night.
Next day; flat battery.
Charged the battery.
Changed the batteries in both key fobs.
Now the car doesn't recognise either key, there's a red "key not present" warning on the dash. Strangely, the car will start, so I guess it intermittently recognises the key. I'd be more than a bit worried if I could simply start the car without the key being present!! It also takes a few prods of the Start/Stop button to get it to stop, so again a possible symptom of intermittent recognition.
Worst problem? As the car thinks a key isn't present, the remote central locking won't work and the dash stays illuminated even after leaving the car. I used the blade on the drivers door, and it locks the drivers door but not any of the others!!
Left it blocked in overnight with the drivers door only locked, but as the dash stayed on, another flat battery.
Currently (no pun intended) charging the battery for the second time before going to the main dealer.
Crazy that I couldn't even lock the vehicle with the blade. I will report back......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Aha, just found this thread Lost comunication with key and followed this advice, holding each key fob (with new batteries installed) next to the Start/Stop button in turn, seems to have solved the problem. Still charging the vehicle battery, so we'll have a full test shortly....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts