Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I am Aviad, new in the world OF NAVARA.
I purchased a 2nd hand car 2007 (D40, VSK), engine replaced with 250K timing problem. Now the car has 380K, right that's quite a bit. But unfortunately in my country (Israel) there is a tax on vehicles that stands at 130 percent.
And I am not allowed to buy a newer model. Anyway, luckily I'm a mechanic. I wanted to know if anyone has experienced if the Taiwanese kits
That can be purchased on EBAY?
Sorry for my English and thanks for the helpers.

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
Welcome!

That is some crazy tax.

Assuming you are taking about a timing chain kit, your best bet is to upgrade to a duplex chain.

The kits from BGA or those advertised as made in Germany on eBay have had some good reviews.

In my experience the Taiwan made products are often of a poor quality, so I would avoid them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I basically have the exact same ute as you (year, VSK etc.) I had the BGA duplex kit installed 50Km ago and since then (with no towing involved) have had to have the chain tensioner replaced by the OEM item and now the upper chain is stretched and rattling on startup. After contacting the supplier for another (like for like) chain I was informed that they only supply the whole kit!! Trawl around the interweb and you will see that the long term reliability of these kits are questionable. Here in Oz the absolute best kit is from Home Not cheap but their warranty is quite a bit more than others profess to be.

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
Correct, YD25.com in Oz or Billcar in Europe are the quality chains.
Most people baulk at spending that kind of money on a 15 year old vehicle though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts